• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 11, 2020

    Half-Life 21 years of... Headcrabs.

    Half-Life 21 years of... Headcrabs.


    21 years of... Headcrabs.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    Gman spotted in a brazilian TV broadcast

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    Made am aperture science test subject headcrab zombie cause why not

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 11:18 AM PDT

    Would you all rather play Half-Flah or Efil-Life?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    Amazing reveal in HL:A

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    21 years of... Vortigaunts.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    Foggy lake strider

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:21 PM PDT

    What's wrong, Gordon?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    This would be amazing

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    Oh...

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    Fan art: A slight MetroCop Redesign

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    You can still spawn the original Half-Life 2 health kit in Half-Life: Alyx.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    21 years of... Headcrab undersides.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    Is GLaDOS aware of the Combine invasion?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:24 AM PDT

    So I played through Portal 1, and during the final battle, I decided to listen to all of GLaDOS' voice lines, just for fun. But I couldn't help but notice that she says some things that make it seem she knows about the Combine. Now, of course, I'm not saying this is true. Maybe GLaDOS just wanted to scare Chell to keep her from escaping, but I wanted to share my observations. I should also mention that I found some interesting lines in the lyrics of Still Alive, as well. And I'm sure someone probably noticed this way in the past, so know that I just found out about this by finishing the game. So here goes:

    During the final battle, after you destroy the 3rd core, (the blue one), GLaDOS rants about how Chell is making a serious mistake by destroying GLaDOS and escaping Aperture. During that time, she says these 3 lines:

    "Are you trying to escape? Things have changed since the last time you left the building. What's going on out there will make you wish you were back in here."

    "I have an infinite capacity for knowledge, and even I'm not sure what's going on outside."

    "All I know is I'm the only thing standing between us and them. Well, I was."

    So I'll focus on them line by line. Firstly, GLaDOS says that "things have changed last time you [Chell] left the building". Not only does this suggest that Portal 1 isn't Chell's first time in Aperture, she also seems aware of the Combine invasion (as we know, HL and Portal are in the same universe). This is backed up by the line: "What's going on out there will make you wish you were back in here.". Obviously, something isn't right "out there" and GLaDOS knows it. She knows about the Combine's inhumane treatment of the citizens and how Chell REALLY wouldn't enjoy her time with the Combine.

    Next, GLaDOS says: "I have an infinite capacity for knowledge, and even I'm not sure what's going on outside.". This to me sounds like even GLaDOS cannot comprehend the overwhelming technology and inhumanity of the Combine. GLaDOS was built way before the Combine invasion, and since everyone in Aperture is dead, nobody can "teach her", airquotes, about the Combine.

    Finally, GLaDOS says: "All I know is I'm the only thing standing between us and them. Well, I was.". This is a tricky one. I think that even GLaDOS is aware of her inferiority compared to the Combine. She even says "us and them.". I think she says "I was" because, before the Combine, she was the most advanced robotic technology in the world. But, of course, since the Combine invasion, she became very inferior due to the Combine's power. I think she knows thet she cannot defeat the Combine. I think that, since she gassed the facility, she developed a great sense of power, but, realizing how advanced the Combine are, she's aware that her power is nothing compared to the Combine.

    In Still Alive, we have the lyrics:

    "Go ahead and leave me I think I prefer to stay inside Maybe you'll find someone else to help you Maybe Black Mesa THAT WAS A JOKE HAHA. FAT CHANCE."

    I think GLaDOS is saying that she'd rather stay in her facility, rather than experience the horrors of the Combine. Also, she might be hinting at the destruction of Black Mesa. As we know, in HL: Opposing Force, GMan destroys Black Mesa using a thermonuclear bomb. So I think she says "that was a joke" because, during the Combine invasion, Black Mesa is long gone.

    Also we have the lyric:

    "When I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you"

    This one; straight to the point. She knows Chell escaped and has to deal with the Combine. Knowing how inhumane the Combine are, she's glad that she doesn't have to experience the Combine.

    Finally, as a small bonus:

    In Portal 2, one of GLaDOS' lines is "Do you know who else murders people who are only trying to help them?". And, In Portal 1, during Chell's escape, she wants Chell to go back to the testing area. She wanted to incinerate Chell before Chell started escaping. I'd say GLaDOS says wanted to "help" Chell by killing her without her knowing of the horrors of the Combine.

    I'm very aware that this most likely isn't a new observation, and I'm sure somebody discovered this before me. If they did, more power to them. I couldn't be happier to know that we have a common idea. And, of course, I'm very aware that everything I've said might not even be true. It might just be my mind associating these lines with Half-Life, so I just want to say that I don't mean to convince everyone that this is true, It's just something I noticed and I wanted to share it with you.

    Stay safe, Reddit!

    submitted by /u/TargaryenAndStark
    [link] [comments]

    Guess when I met my first VR headcrab.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    Had fun creating this little artwork regarding the combines in Half-Life: Alyx ! Hope you guys will enjoy :D

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    Doom, but it's Half-Life

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    When you meet the Black ops in the store

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:27 AM PDT

    Hunter plushie watches over me at night. Gave him a new hat today

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    Was going to play some HL2 Beta Today, But..

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:59 PM PDT

    Ammo machine goes *Bink bonk

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    There was a cat that really was gone

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 01:32 PM PDT

    Introducing...Gordon Eggman!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 05:50 PM PDT

    Mad Snail, author of Chinese manhua Tales of Demons and Gods, made a tribute to Half Life: Alyx in the latest chapter.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    After 20 minutes I made a hat of the half life logo

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment