• Breaking News

    Friday, December 6, 2019

    Half-Life Black mesa is finally complete, join the beta to try it out!

    Half-Life Black mesa is finally complete, join the beta to try it out!


    Black mesa is finally complete, join the beta to try it out!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:38 PM PST

    [OC] Sierra-style 'Half-Life: Alyx' box

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:58 AM PST

    Half Life #crossfire

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 05:06 PM PST

    If Half Life Alyx does not give us the ability to pet Dog in VR we riot.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 02:03 PM PST

    I want to scritch behind those fluffy mechanical face flaps.

    submitted by /u/morethanjustasloth
    [link] [comments]

    I had 100% in Half-Life 2: Update, but I finally have it in the OG. This is a beautiful sight.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 02:08 PM PST

    OH MY GOODNESS!!!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 04:11 PM PST

    Geoffe’s thoughts on Half Life: Alyx

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 05:28 AM PST

    Who else is still in disbelief?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 02:27 PM PST

    I've been waiting for a new Half-Life game ever since I was literally seven years old. For the last fifteen years we've had the same official assets. The oldschool character models, combine soldiers, headcrab zombies, props, textures, sound effects, etc. I replayed the games over and over again as a kid. I played through every mod, I messed with everything in Gmod. I can picture every level and model in my head. I can hear every sound effect from memory.

    Years ago I gave up entirely on the idea of a new official Half-Life game being made. Now all of a sudden, we're getting new official content. We're no longer going to be looking at the same assets we've been seeing for the last fifteen years. We're going to get an entirely new Half-Life experience. It's like a dream.

    submitted by /u/Dune_Jumper
    [link] [comments]

    It's Jamil Mullen on that painting

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:36 AM PST

    A major Black Mesa update is out!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:28 PM PST

    It's on the beta branch, 6 gigs according to steam, still no blogpost.

    EDIT: Blog post is out! https://steamcommunity.com/games/362890/announcements/detail/1724246478625804044

    Xen is finally complete! wooooo!

    submitted by /u/GumballTheScout
    [link] [comments]

    Black Mesa: Source | Xen + End of Nihilanth Battle. [Both Endings]

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 07:23 PM PST

    The HL2 mod "G-String", which has been in development for 12 years, has released a trailer, and oh my god it looks amazing.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:57 AM PST

    Half-Life 2 - City 17 Ambience (With various footage of Pyongyang, North Korea)

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 01:38 PM PST

    Made the half-life (lambda) logo!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 01:12 PM PST

    Got bored and made this little guy for my ps4

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:32 AM PST

    Art teacher here, I slipped this into a class handout for a project I am assigning next semester

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 07:16 AM PST

    Half-life series after 12 years in stasis

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:24 AM PST

    Things I expect to see in the game.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 02:35 PM PST

    D0G will be smaller. The climax of the game will be some big action sequence that ultimately fails for the Resistance. The end will be an announcement from the vortigaunts or the G Man that Gordon Freeman has returned and Alyx will rescue him from the CPs. Ravenholm before it was shelled with headcrabs. A younger Father Grigori. The Combine beginning to use up Earth's resources.

    submitted by /u/LassannnfromImgur
    [link] [comments]

    The belief paid off with HL:A

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 06:03 AM PST

    I just realised Half-Life and Earthbound have the same ending

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:02 AM PST

    You fight a giant alien space baby as the final boss

    submitted by /u/aIidesidero
    [link] [comments]

    Half Life 1: Censored?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 01:37 PM PST

    Hi,

    I've been a long time HL fan, and recently been wanting to do another run through. But I have an age old dilemma;

    I grew up in Germany, so when I got my copy of half-life on steam, later on, it was of course censored. I never realised this as a kid but oh well, it's come back to bite me.

    I have since moved Out of Germany and have been using steam as such for a while. Which means I can't access the supposed "Uncensored Patch" available only on the german steam store. Looking in my files there's no "Valve_german" File and changing the violence.

    submitted by /u/LambdaKraut57
    [link] [comments]

    Why Black Mesa is canon

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:35 PM PST

    Attention:

    This is not a troll post. This a Reddit discussing theories about connections in a game series.

    Black Mesa is canon for a few obvious reasons:

    1. Black Mesa is a remake of Half-Life, but it fits with the graphics and aesthetics.

    Basically what I'm saying is that not only do the entire graphics of Black Mesa match that of Half-Life 2, but it works if any game developers want to use footage of the game for flashbacks. If the G-Man was to ever reference any events that happened in Half-Life, they could use clips from Black Mesa to do so. One of the greatest flaws that I felt Half-Life 2 had was that it used the goldsrc version of the testing chamber at the beginning of the game's prologue when the G-Man was waking Gordon from stasis, and after much comparison and consideration, I felt that the graphics of the two games did not fit at all. It would have been more appropriate if they used footage of the test chamber from Black Mesa. But seeing as how Half-Life 2 was released in 2004, and Black Mesa was released in 2012, I'm going to let that pass. Plus, somebody will probably make an update in Half-Life 2 where they replace the clip of the test chamber from Half-Life with the test chamber from Black Mesa.

    1. Black Mesa makes full use of the retcons that Half-Life 2 established for Half-Life 1.

    Black Mesa take account of the various retcons presented in Half-Life 2. For example, Eli and Kleiner are in the game, so as to keep continuity with Half-Life 2, rather than using random scientists to establish them. The same can be said for the creatures. The Vortigaunts have the same appearance as in Half-Life 2 (though they make different sounds than in Half-Life), and the Headcrabs are still the same as in Half-Life 2.

    submitted by /u/Rulerofprehistory
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t access Black Mesa Complete Xen Beta?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:19 PM PST

    I opted into the public-beta but it ends on Interloper for me. Is it not out yet?

    submitted by /u/zlatanbaranovic
    [link] [comments]

    Half Life 2 VR

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 02:55 PM PST

    How is the Half Life 2 VR scene? I just completed Lambda1 VR and was thoroughly impressed. I'm building a mid grade pc now and would love to play half life 2 in vr when it's done (over oculus link). Is there an established mod for it?

    submitted by /u/TasteeFreez
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment