• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 8, 2019

    Half-Life So ... I completed Half life on Mobile...

    Half-Life So ... I completed Half life on Mobile...


    So ... I completed Half life on Mobile...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:16 AM PST

    A combine PSA I made

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 09:56 AM PST

    Can't help but think that the constructing Citadel design was inspired by the Stockholm Telephone Tower! it used to connect about 5,500 phone lines in 1887.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 02:03 PM PST

    The Combine, GLaDOS, Aperture, and the Borealis

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:47 PM PST

    At the end of Portal 1, GLaDOS states "I have an infinite capacity for knowledge, and even I'm not sure what's going on outside" and "All I know is that I'm the only thing standing between us and them." These are obvious references to the 7 hour war and the Combine attempting to raid and or find the Aperture facility. This along with details that it was never directly said how the combine discovered the existence of the Borealis and according to the narration at the beginning of Portal 2 along with the destruction of Aperture we are led to believe Portal 2 takes place hundreds if not thousands of years after the events of Portal and HL2, and because of this I believe these details are all related.

    These details have always bugged me. The technology Aperture had access to was almost definitely not advanced enough to keep someone in stasis for hundreds of years, and definitely not thousands, and stickers on the side of the big relaxation vaults in Portal 2 allude to the fact that a person couldn't be in stasis for more than about 20 years. Despite this I've seen most people accept that Portal 2 takes place thousands of years after Portal 1, which just doesn't make sense. So how does this relate to the Combine you may ask? Well if what GLaDOS said in Portal 1 was true and not just a ploy to get Chell to stop wanting to leave, Chell destroying GLaDOS would allow the Combine an opening to infiltrate Aperture and raid their labs. This would probably cause massive damage to the facility and perhaps cause a certain computer system to stop tracking the passage of time properly and make it seem like Aperture is weathered by age rather than from damages relating to the Combine making it seem like Portal 2 takes place long after it really did. This raid of the Aperture facility may also be where the Combine discovered the existence of the advanced teleportation technology on the Borealis, explaining their sudden interest in the Borealis in Half-Life 2: Episodes one and two. From the sticker on the side of the vault it's more likely Portal 2 at most takes place 20 years after Portal 1, making Portal 2 occur at about the same time as Half-Life 2: Episode 2.

    All these details together lead me to believe that sometime between Chell's first 50 day exercise and before her awakening by Wheatley the Combine found and raided Aperture. Aperture is huge so of course the Combine didn't find Chell or the portal gun, despite being a huge force they're still spread fairly thin over Earth at that point so they didn't have the time or the manpower to thoroughly look through Aperture from top to bottom, but they still found information on the Borealis.

    Idk that theory has been floating around in my head for a while. Idk if anyone's done a similar theory, but I hadn't found any. What do y'all think?

    submitted by /u/Genesekt
    [link] [comments]

    Half Life 2 MMOD 150fps at least. Black Mesa 60fps at best. Xen ...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:16 PM PST

    Black Mesa has reached a new all-time player peak more than 4 years after it's initial release on Steam

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 02:11 PM PST

    First time i beat half life and I did it on a bus

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 08:15 AM PST

    Custom made Half-Life Decay art for Steam library

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 03:10 PM PST

    Xen is Incredible!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 09:06 AM PST

    The Game Awards trailer starting and ending with Half-Life: Alyx

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:27 PM PST

    Black Mesa: Xen gave me a giddy feeling like I was playing Half Life 2 for the first time again

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:46 PM PST

    My lord this is seriously the most incredible thing I've played in years. I could not stop smiling while playing it. The beauty of the scenery, the soundtrack, the incredible level design. It reminds me of playing Half Life 2 for the first time and being so blown away. If you haven't picked up Black Mesa yet, I can not recommend it enough

    submitted by /u/JustForFringe
    [link] [comments]

    The final elevator in Black Mesa Xen. (It's 10 times taller than what's in the screenshot)

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 03:36 PM PST

    I updated my set of HL desktop icons.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:55 AM PST

    Here's that cat video that everyone liked with sounds

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:55 AM PST

    Is it Humanly Possible to be Gordon Freeman?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:31 AM PST

    Something that always was on my mind is that Gordon Freeman seems to never get tired, hungry, or thirsty. His run through the games is basically a continuous stream of consiousness.

    My question is, when only looking at Half Life 1 (let's say Black Mesa's version), would Gordon have been able to physically make it to Nihilanth and kill it without eating, drinking, or sleeping (kinda) for two/three days?

    Does the suit literally just keep him pumped up on painkillers and amphetamines?

    submitted by /u/Mdisk64
    [link] [comments]

    It's been fun little buddy :)

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 09:19 AM PST

    I just finished Half Life 2

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:40 PM PST

    It was an amazing game from start to finish that even in the toughest puzzles I still had a lot of fun in it and his campaign made me very excited and interested something that not many games did.

    Anyway I'll play the episode one ASAP especially after that cliffhanger. Wish me luck!

    submitted by /u/Xw4lk3r
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with HL2 MMOD HL2 Update

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 09:36 PM PST

    I've been playing HL2 update and HL2 mmod together and they seem to work perfectly for the most part, but when I got out of ravenholm and was close to the base where they give me the scout, my screen went completely black and I couldn't do anything but touch my taskbar. Then when I was in the middle of going to Nova Prospekt, it did it again and again and again and didn't want to work every time and was completely random.

    Is there any way to fix this? Or is this just an issue I have? All help is appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/ledogehasarrived
    [link] [comments]

    Xen was phenomenal. Absolutely worth the wait.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:12 AM PST

    Everything about it is incredible. The design, graphics, music and sounds. The amount of hard work and dedication that went into turning it into something new rather than just a straight remake of HL1's Xen is amazing. This was truly a labor of love by the developers. Spoilers: The factory was amazing. The boss fight with him teleporting in parts of the facility and throwing cars at you was insane, and I've never seen something like that done in a game before. The ending with G-man had some crazy effects going on.

    I actually got emotional towards the end because firstly, it was so damn well done & beautiful. Secondly, it's kinda like the end of an era. I remember watching the trailer back when I was nine years old and being super excited, ready to play any mod I could get my hands on. I was twelve when I started waiting for Xen. Now on top of us getting Half-Life: Alyx, Black Mesa is a complete game.

    submitted by /u/Dune_Jumper
    [link] [comments]

    Black Mesa Xen Discussion Thread

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:14 AM PST

    It's been a few days since the public beta dropped for Xen and for everyone who has played it, it's clear Crowbar Collective took a lot more creative liberties with this part of the game than the Black Mesa portion of the game. What changes does r/HalfLife like, dislike, or feel conflicted about?

    submitted by /u/narwhalLegacy
    [link] [comments]

    Graphical overhauls?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:33 PM PST

    I want to play through HL2 again, but I want to change things up with some new visuals and enhanced gameplay. I'm essentially looking to either A) Return the graphics to the original beta style, or B) Give it a sort of Serial Experiments Lain or Ghost in the Shell graphics style. I know its extremely specific, but I've always thought HL2 would be amazing in this setting. As for gameplay, I think I could use MMod or SMod Tactical, but let me know if you guys have anything better in mind. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/JiraTheWasteWanderer
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking With Portals mapping contest - Win a $50 Steam gift card!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 08:02 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment