• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 30, 2020

    Half-Life its true

    Half-Life its true


    its true

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    The Combine should really stop employing blind people.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    It's dancing!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    Boys! Gimme one with a beat!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    "Hey kid, you want a smoke?"

    Posted: 29 Jun 2020 11:11 PM PDT

    My time has come.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Lego Gordon

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 12:05 PM PDT

    When the game says "You can only carry four things."

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    Half Life Blue shift Background.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 04:43 AM PDT

    I was browsing r/hmm and something’s looked familiar

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    I create this Half-Life 2 Porting To Unity Engine 2020

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:01 AM PDT

    Stupid machines, why don't these ever seem to work?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    I drew this Strider Varient called the Super Strider, enjoy!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    How long do you think this will go for?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    Half Life is a pretty cool game

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    I'm just going to spout my opinion here

    I'd say that I enjoy talking in-depth about things. Whether I be hating on something, or praising it's brilliance.

    Half Life is a game that I really enjoy, I can never stop thinking about how amazing the story and universe is. Despite the fact that I only started playing the games about 4 or 5 years ago, I've become really invested in the series. I feel like I've been waiting a decade for Half Life 3 (though I obviously haven't).

    My favorite game is the first one, because of the interesting conflict that goes on inside the Black Mesa facility. My favorite chapter is Surface Tension because I love to see the Military and the Xen forces dueling it out over the facility. The military are such an interesting part of that game to me, which is why I'm a part of the Adrian Shepard fan club. The dynamic behind Gordon Freeman is so amazing, because the games really make me feel that I am Gordon Freeman. When someone in the game says Gordon Freeman, I know they're talking to me.

    One of my favorite scenes is at the beginning of HL2 the second time you teleport into Dr. Breen's office. The way he says:

    "The man I saw, I'm all but certain it was... Gordon Freeman."

    It gives me chills every time. I'm not a big fan of the source engine remake of HL1, Black Mesa. I just think that the first game was so magnificent that we didn't need a remake. (Not to say that Black Mesa is a bad game). Because I think that way, I'd ask if you don't suggest Black Mesa for someone's first time playing the game. I don't want to insult anyone, but I think they should experience the OG game.

    I just wanted to put my appreciation of the game somewhere. If you read this all, I'm very surprised. I just really needed to get this all out of my head.

    submitted by /u/Proctifer
    [link] [comments]

    So HL3 is supposed to feature the Borealis...

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 05:44 PM PDT

    (Please don't yell at me)

    So here's what I'm thinking, Gordon has to fight his way through the Combine which are guarding the ship. The Borealis is phasing in and out of physicality. The ship is predicted to have a brief moment of stability in which Gordon can go on and try to stabilize the ship. He finds his way to a control room and flips some sort of switch.

    The lights turn on etc. Then the announcer from Portal 2 starts to speak:

    "Systems reactivated, location stabilized, homing beacon activated, unauthorized access detected, defense systems engaged, military android deployed, please comply with our requests and you will be granted a swift death"

    Now each of these things mean something (obviously) essentially the computer has locked the Borealis into a permanent physical state in its current location. It then had turned on a homing beacon which is telling Aperture where its location is. This will never be delivered on though, because of what is supposed to happen to the ship and GLaDOS is asleep during this game (I think). Next your presence has been detected so the computer has deployed turrets as well a possible military android that GLaDOS hinted at in Portal 1.

    This basically just a quick run through of what I think Aperture's role in this game should be. I don't think that Freeman should get his hands on a portal gun or anything of the like. It should be kept to a minimum, and no super crossovers like a GLaDOS cameo.

    This is not how I would like to explain my view on this part of HL3, I wish I could have explained it better. Please no hate in the comments.

    submitted by /u/Proctifer
    [link] [comments]

    half life 1 looks even better with hd textures

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    Knock Knock

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    Has anyone else become so accustomed to using the Gravity Gloves that they’ve tried to use them IRL?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    I've seriously tried to Gravity Glove my phone over to me several times. I think something is wrong with me.

    submitted by /u/VerdantHaze_
    [link] [comments]

    Marco Spitoni's "I AM The Freeman teaser" (2013) - No news since then

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    "New" exploit in Half-Life 2

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    So i put new in the title with caps because i'm fairly certain this has been discovered before. But i'll share it anyway. So i was in the part in Half-Life 2 where you have to get across a big pool of acid under a bridge and there's zombies coming out of the water. There are many objects that you can move or throw with your gravity gun to make your way across. There's a specific object that is kinda like a wooden wheel and i've found out that if you stand on one of those over the acid, jump slightly forward and grab the object with the gravity gun at the same time, the wheel will move forward quite a bit with you on top. And you can repeat this throughout the entire section never having to pick up other objects. You can also steer the wheel by just doing the same thing while facing another direction. Again, i'm certain that someone else has already found out about this trick ages ago but i'm just sharing it here to let anyone know if they previously didn't and potentislly discovering a new cool trick that could be used in maps or stuff like that (for ex. a wooden wheel race along a trail of water).

    submitted by /u/redditor035
    [link] [comments]

    Literally Unplayable

    Posted: 30 Jun 2020 01:31 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment