• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 7, 2020

    Half-Life Some progress on my HLA Grunt cosplay

    Half-Life Some progress on my HLA Grunt cosplay


    Some progress on my HLA Grunt cosplay

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    G-Man has an existential crisis

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    I used Sketchup and Google earth to put a Citadel in Washington D.C

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    Got my first batch of custom merch the other day! Everything is for sale on my Etsy shop. See the comments for the link and details!

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Half-Life: Ladders

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    Where the troubles began

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 05:10 PM PDT

    Custom maps load on HL2 for the original Xbox

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 07:35 PM PDT

    [SFM Assisted] The Black Mesa Hazard Course Decathlon [OC]

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 11:19 AM PDT

    Eli tries to warn his colleagues: A VorpX + SFM PROOF OF CONCEPT [OC]

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    Half Life.... Barney?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Just to clarify before I start, I would like more than anything for the next HL title to continue the main story. Also, I'm aware that Barney already had his own game (Blue Shift).

    That being said, I think a Half Life game in Source 2 VR following the story and perspective of Barney Calhoun might be incredible.

    Similarly to HLA, it could serve as another prequel, but even further back. I'm talking 7 hours war, exploring the fate of North America, government/military collapse and the early invasion/occupation by the Combine. Later on the story might follow Barney as he infiltrates Civil Protection, witnesses the inner workings of the combine and how they integrate/exploit humans. Gameplay could differ from HLA by focusing more on stealth, sabotage, espionage, assassination, etc. He can't just blast his way through problems like Gordon.

    I always imagined how difficult Barney's job of protecting Kleiner, smuggling technology/refugees would have been. The daily struggles of an undercover operator could have some potential. Maybe he had a family of his own, some kind of tragedy we don't know about?

    I think the HL universe already does a fantastic job of world building, showing and not telling and stuff. So maybe getting a deeper glimpse into these settings/characters/events is a bad idea. Furthermore, HL has always been a shooter, so maybe all the gameplay mechanics mentioned above wouldn't fit the HL style. Either way, it's fun to think about.

    submitted by /u/YourBestFriendJippy
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t drink the water

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 06:37 PM PDT

    They put something in it, to make you forget... I don't even remember how I got here

    submitted by /u/DeutschFlammensoldat
    [link] [comments]

    The other side of combine lens

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 02:25 AM PDT

    �� G-Man Under the Bed - Gordon's Night Terrors - SFM

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    Could someone explain the story of Half life 1 without spoiling 2?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    I just finished playing Black Mesa because of a friend's recommendation and I loved the game. I understood the general outlines of the story but once I got to Xen I didn't really know what was going on. I'm planning on starting 2 here in the next week but wanted to fully understand the events of 1 before I started 2. Much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/RmHarris35
    [link] [comments]

    Who else is loving the surge in content which is coming out for half life Alyx on the mod scene. Still early days of course but honestly starting feel like the golden days of hl2 mod scene. Recently been playing through the mods came across this one overcharge, which is pretty good action packed mo

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    Why do the combine say alyx’s name?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    At some point in HL:A, a combine soldier says "Hey Alex! It's us!" Or something like that, as if they knew her, is there a reason for this, lore wise?

    submitted by /u/sutroTow3r
    [link] [comments]

    My speculation on Half Life timeline

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    I've finished Half Life Alyx today and began thinking where in the story it would fit. In the begining of the game is said that it was 5 years before HL2, but i believe it was "after".

    Here is my POV:

    1º There is the Black Mesa incident, the story we all know about: - Eli authorizes the Test - The resonance cascade happens - Gordon goes to Xen, meets gman and get hired - Alyx is saved by the gman

    2º Then, 20 years after, Gman wakes Gordon up for him to take down the Citadel. Gordon does as it's told to and ends up in Cold Storage

    3º The vorts release Gordon from Stasis.

    Now that my speculation starts: Gman only words are "We'll see about that", and his face shows he's really mad about the situation

    But then he does not appear during episode one and a big chunk of episode 2

    During this time, I think he went back in time to Half-Life: Alyx, and got himself captured as a way of attracting a new employee.

    4º Then the entire story of Alyx Happens

    After all the story in the Alyx, gman with a new Employee returns to the main timeline (I'm going to make a note on this)

    5º Gman back on the episode 2, needs Alyx to reach White Forest in order to be put in Stasis (just like in Alyx Ending, that time was when she "agreed" to work with Gman), now there is the Heart to Heart cutscene

    6º In White forest, the story now changes with Gman taking Alyx and freeing gordon from his contract

    7º And off to a new game, now Eli and Freeman probably going to the artic searching for the Borealis

    Note on Alyx Story: I have no clue on how time travel works in this universe, but what I thought is something similar to Avengers Endgame, you travel to a different dimension that is on the desired time. In other words, the past, present and Future coexist (at least in the perspective of Gman and the Vorts)

    So in our original dimension, Quarentine Zone never existed, nor the Vault or Russel. But in HL:Alyx, the fact that Gman was captured, could have caused all those things before (possibly "deleting" the HL2 and episodes)

    This was my Shower Thought of the game Timeline, please let me know what you think, I belive there is a lot of room for theories (How Gman got caught, what was he doing on that building, Gordon wanted to end the Contract, Gman employers).

    Tl:dr: After Episode one, Gman went into another dimension, got alyx and then put her in Cold Storage on "our dimension" changing the episode 2 ending

    submitted by /u/yrk066
    [link] [comments]

    Just.. stop. Please.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Stop crying about Source2 Alyx, seriously. You were never intended to see her face clearly. They're obviously gonna improve it later on. Stop acting like this is gonna 100% be the canon design for Alyx, it's annoying. You people are so whiney about her face. Wow.

    submitted by /u/ondrapokorny3
    [link] [comments]

    How well does alyx run with gtx 1070, i7 7700k and 16gb of ram?

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    Just wondered if anyone with the same or similar specs can tell me how well it runs. I'd like to play on medium-high settings. I'm on rift s btw

    submitted by /u/jyutjujujj
    [link] [comments]

    Progress on c0a0 in Minecraft. Part of a project I'm starting to recreate a sandbox version of HL1

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    me when gordon zombie ��

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 12:42 PM PDT

    me when gordon zombie 😳

    real 😳😳😳

    omg

    submitted by /u/ondrapokorny3
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally skipped an Episode. Oops.

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    So, I finished up Half-Life 2 today, and naturally I thought "Episode 2" would be next in the series of the games. I mean, I've seen Episode 1 around before, but with me being stupid and all, I thought it was just a modified version of the base game.

    I'm already halfway through Episode 2, unfortunately. For some reason I didn't get the hint in the beginning, when I was on a random train crash. Oh, well.

    submitted by /u/styrofoam_soup
    [link] [comments]

    soon.mp4

    Posted: 07 Jun 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment