• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 7, 2020

    Half-Life How I felt when I realized that the name Vortigaunt didn't exist in the Half-Life franchise until 2004

    Half-Life How I felt when I realized that the name Vortigaunt didn't exist in the Half-Life franchise until 2004


    How I felt when I realized that the name Vortigaunt didn't exist in the Half-Life franchise until 2004

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:41 AM PDT

    Did this:

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:47 PM PDT

    LET'S GO MARINES !

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 08:19 AM PDT

    someone used Dr Breen's face in a bowling game for a bootleg Wii console

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 04:51 PM PDT

    Gee, I was playing through the first game last night, uh...

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    My sisters very first time experiencing Half Life. Im so excited!

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Half-Life: Born, by Me (Inspired by the graffiti in-game) [OC]

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    My sister made me a friend for my birthday

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    I wonder who’s office this is..

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    That gave me the shivers when I first encountered that.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    "Close your eyes honey"

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    Everybody gangsta until multiple Alyx starts attacking Sheckley.

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    The elegant grace of the combine, visualised. (S2FM test number 2, this time in stereo!)

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    [OC] "Welcome! Welcome to City 17!"

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    Comically Large Spoon [S2FM]

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    So my dad just gave me this shirt, that he bought few years back

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    Made a Lego mini ar2 (kind of)

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    �� Seabed Drive - Science Team (ft. Vandoorea) - Music SFM

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Point Extraction HLA

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    I feel not enough people have talked about strictly the last chapter of Half Life Alyx, which might be one of the greatest video game experiences I've ever had, so I'm going to. I played through using Oculus Link and graphics on Ultra Fidelity, smooth locomotion. Firstly there's the chapter name itself to consider. Point Extraction is clearly a play on Half Life 2's Point Insertion, which is the first chapter. At first when I loaded in and saw the chapter was called Point Extraction, I got chills from the name, then I wondered why it was called that. Originally I thought it was just cause this is where Alyx leaves off with the 5 year gap between the events of Half Life Alyx and Half Life 2. After playing through the whole chapter I realized what it really meant. After this I opened the door and went to the next room. The sound effects and music were immediately stunning. Being able to grab the floating wood and rocks was also very immersive, but what reinforced a point earlier mentioned in the game was the abrupt change from apartment to combine wall. It made you see that the combine were so terrified of "Gordon Freeman" that they literally built a prison around the whole area to keep him contained. This immediately struck me as off. Gordon is a man, a man who is clearly a very dangerous and real threat, but a man nonetheless. If they had all these resources why not just put a gun to his head and be done with it? I decided to ignore what seemed to be bad writing, and went on with the chapter. I already have a huge wall of text here so I'm just going to summarize the next 30 minutes with, the sound effects and music really mixed amazingly with the visuals, and the inception esque and gravity defying areas showed that some things can only truly be amazing in vr. Finally I arrived at the weird Bridge thing that led to the prison cell itself. Getting the green lightning was confusing at first being it wasn't really very clear what you were supposed to do, but then I realized it seemed to be the same green lightning the vortigaunts had, and when I used it to destroy the door and realized what I could do, words can't describe how awesome that felt. I continued to shred though soldier after soldier as the bad ass ost got louder and louder. Finally I got to the prison cell, and then I saw that imprisoning Gordon Freeman like this wasn't a brash decision by the combine, it was probably actually not a big enough decision, because they were actually trying to restrain the g man. And I love how this was presented not by showing a oddly shaped prison cell that you can't see through, but by showing you his silhouette, which makes you not want to release him, even though you know you have to. When the white door way appeared and G Man picked up his brief case, I think we all knew what was about to happen. When the white streaks appeared I was torn between making the biggest smile I ever had and throwing off my headset in fear. I don't have a lot to say about the speech other than first off, it was amazing, and second off when I was thrown into episode 2 I was at a loss for words. When the G Man recruited Alyx I realized what the title meant. In Half Life 2, the G Man inserts Gordon into the train station, in HLA G Man extracts Alyx from the vault and puts her into stasis. The fact Valve can tell you exactly what's going to happen in a chapter without spoiling it is truly amazing. And when the after credits scene played I realized I could finally unironically say "Half Life 3 confirmed". Overall, 9/10 chapter. Only reason it's not a 10/10 is that HLA is restricted by the fact it was made for teleportation and that one part where you have to teleport to the ledge instead of jumping is immersion breaking.

    Edit: got rid of most of the firstlys, at firsts, and after thats

    submitted by /u/schnitzwurst
    [link] [comments]

    wide alyx

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 11:38 AM PDT

    This is a super strider. I made a touched-up version and a doc describing it!

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 07:03 PM PDT

    Jeff

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 01:39 PM PDT

    Can I just say I miss Jeff. Wish he would come back and battle some antlions with me.

    submitted by /u/sTYLER970
    [link] [comments]

    So, I just started half life 2 today, after having never played any of the games before...

    Posted: 07 Jul 2020 06:32 AM PDT

    I was streaming today (Not trying to self promote, don't worry) and the game I was playing turned out to be awful in my eyes, so I came across HL2, which I got on the steam summer sale sometime last week. I just bought it to have it, but after the prior mishap with the other game, I began playing it and I have to say that I think it's the best decision I've mad game wise in a long long time.

    It's incredible that a game from so long ago feels better to play than some modern ones. The atmosphere is amazing, with Ravenholm standing so much it feels like it becomes a completely different game for a period, the gun mechanics are solid, and the graphics surprisingly hold up.

    This game is soo good that I bought Black Mesa without even finishing it yet.

    I just wanted to get that off my chest.

    submitted by /u/Calvalier
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment