• Breaking News

    Monday, October 5, 2020

    Half-Life Little known fact that you can just ignore the Antlion Guard fights in Nova Prospect.

    Half-Life Little known fact that you can just ignore the Antlion Guard fights in Nova Prospect.


    Little known fact that you can just ignore the Antlion Guard fights in Nova Prospect.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:45 PM PDT

    They can smell your fear.

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    Gordon Kenobi ? XD

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    *doot doot tiss*

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:08 AM PDT

    Sculpted Zombie

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    Another menu design made by me. I'm bored again.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    Half-Life hot takes

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    In honor of my meme being removed I've decided to dump all my hot takes together in one go (as a side not I usually hate "unpopular opinion" signaling but I have some things I feel need to be spoken

    - I kind of liked 'Water Hazard' and think it gets too much flack

    - The xen levels in Half-Life weren't actually that bad they were short and underwhelming

    - I strongly believe alot of criticism of Half-Life 2 were 'problems' in the original people just ignore because of the pedestal Half-Life 1 is on and how many times some of us have replayed it has blinded us. as a side note (and this is more of a community problem) but they way alot of HL1 purists look down on HL2 and its fans is childish coming from the people who allegedly the grown ups of this fandom

    - HL1's movement speed is too fast for the level design and makes platforming annoying, I'm glad Black Mesa slowed it down.

    - All the games would be SOOOOO much better if they didn't use hitscanning

    - HL2: Episode One is super underrated

    - I'm glad Alyx was VR only even if that means I can't play it, if VR is going to be worth while it needs head turning games like that. Glad it wasn't HL3 though

    - Half-Life 3 won't live up to the hype and honestly it doesn't have too, Valve just needs to do there best like they did on 1,2 and Alyx.

    - Both HL1 and HL2 only have serviceable shooting at best depending on the weapons

    - I actually didn't enjoy fighting the marines much in HL1 and thought the combat was at its best fighting the xen creatures.

    - Half Life 2 didn't have enough enemy variety but you all already know that

    - We don't go to Ravenholm is awesome but its overhyped as a level

    - Manhacks are the worst enemy in any Half-Life game and I wish they were removed all together

    - The forest setting in HL2: Episode Two gets repetitive

    - Episode Two in general gets too much praise as "peak HL2" when its barely any different from the first two. Still a dope game though its just not the best.

    - As a side note, as much as I like Portal I how how far above Half-Life its elevated in popular culture

    submitted by /u/Someladboi
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know where this hat came from? I found it earlier today in a box collecting dust and I cant find anything on it online, it might just be some knock off fake, but if not please let me know, really cool hat anyways. :)

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Ray Tracing in Half-Life 2

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    Keep it clean... or he will.

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    It's Okay

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:23 AM PDT

    Absolutely BREAKING Half Life: Alyx has never been so fun...

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    An alternate timeline or just innovation?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    There's lots of speculation surrounding Half-Life: Alyx and if it sits in the same timeline as the Half-Life 2 series. What do people think?

    Some of the evidence that there is a parallel timeline:

    - Citizens in Half-Life: Alyx wearing clothes/jumpsuits we haven't seen in previous games, with the 'frozen citizens' dressed exactly the same as citizens in Half-Life 2

    - The variation of new Combine enemies

    - The addition of new Xenian wildlife

    - Alyx being 'removed' from time

    Again, the above could just be down to innovation within the game engine and implementation of cool ideas, but still, I'd love to hear what people think.

    submitted by /u/Gunston93
    [link] [comments]

    Why do people love sector sweep so much?

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    I'm not saying it's a bad song, it just doesn't connect with me for some reason. The beat and melody are so simple and straightforward that I feel absolutely nothing at all when I listen to it. I don't feel that way about half life music generally - I love most of the other tracks, with Triage at Dawn and CP violation being my personal favorites. Is the context within which Sector Sweep is used the factor that makes it so impactful to so many people? What am I missing here?

    submitted by /u/BioluminescentTurkey
    [link] [comments]

    Black Mesa Xen

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    Anyone feeling tired with this level. I can't take so much nature, wildlife, alien geographic etc in complete darkness. Even the flashlight doesn't work. Maybe a little starlight would have been good :P

    submitted by /u/mrrdcckhunter
    [link] [comments]

    What a joker that HL Vox

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 01:11 AM PDT

    Smooth Turning not working on Windows Mixed Reality

    Posted: 05 Oct 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Basically title. I have the most up-to-date version of the game, but when I turn off snap turn, I can't turn my head at all with the right joystick.

    submitted by /u/aaronwashere01
    [link] [comments]

    Headcrab Zomb artwork(not mine)

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment