• Breaking News

    Monday, April 12, 2021

    Half-Life Finished my Combine Grunt helmet!

    Half-Life Finished my Combine Grunt helmet!


    Finished my Combine Grunt helmet!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:57 AM PDT

    Hello fellow scientists,can someone help me find more of these promotional art of half life

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:04 AM PDT

    (Og post by komegatze!) The entirety of Episode 2:

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:02 AM PDT

    Just got out of Ravenholm. What do I do now?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:58 PM PDT

    Also how did Kleiner get it?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:08 PM PDT

    ⚠️Trade Offer⚠️

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:06 AM PDT

    Bad day at work (made by @Jonkarip on Instagram)

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    I saw this picture of Biden and had to do it.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:33 PM PDT

    It feels great finally having all of the half life releases.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:46 PM PDT

    ��

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    Attn: Gabe Newell; I’m picking Hugh Laurie as G-Man for the Half-Life Movie.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:17 AM PDT

    I got the HL CDs

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:07 PM PDT

    My pc mania magazine from January 2005

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:41 AM PDT

    So I am trying to import GLaDOS from Robot Repair (The Lab) and I can get the models but the textures never work. Any advice?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:07 PM PDT

    Buy one, get a crowbar for free

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:06 PM PDT

    What happen to South America in the Half Life Universe?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:33 PM PDT

    Is there any info about how the portal storms hit there or how they are doing with Combine?

    submitted by /u/ConsiderationNo1455
    [link] [comments]

    Opposing Force is Dissapointing

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    DISCLAIMER: Yes I know this kind of thing gets talked a lot on this sub, I just wanted to give my own personal spin on it.

    Today I played opposing force for the first time in a couple of years and I didn't find it as good as I remembered.

    The best thing about it is the huge amount of new content it brings: Tons of new enemies, new game mechanics and it's a good length. You certainly get your moneys worth!

    However none of it really works very well. I found the world and design lacked a lot of detail compared to HL. I felt this most in the surface levels, a lot of them just looked really basic and plain compared to the surface levels in HL. The worst was the section where the mortar is, the land just looked so ugly, bare and grey, there was barely any detail and it just felt really unimmersive. It's strange because OF came out after HL, yet the levels in HL feel so much more alive and real than OF.

    The Sound design as well felt off. A lot of the times I just felt the sound was missing something, it was too quiet and bare a lot of the time. The worst I felt this was the final boss, the worm thing just makes a very slight growling noise occasionally, and apart from that, it's pretty much dead silent. Idk it almost feels the developers missed out on something.

    Some of the lore just feels kinda lazy too. Why would the government send in the HECU's to clean up Black Mesa, and then send in another secret army group to do the exact same thing, but also kill the governments own soldiers? I feel they just threw it in so the player could fight other soldiers. Race X is also kinda weird. It's cool to see new monsters (although most of them are just annoying to fight) but again, it's just kinda thrown in there with barely any explanation. Throughout Half Life, Xen is hinted at and built up throughout the game, It truly feels mysterious and you want to learn more, where as in OF, they just throw Race X at you with no in-game explanation.

    My final point is all the new mechanics. They introduce a load of new mechanics but they are barely utilised and just end up feeling gimmicky. I think I climbed like 3 ropes in the entire game, and the new squad system (although it looks cool) is really useless. I'm pretty sure I had to get an engi to open 2 doors and a medic healed a person once. Thats it. Most of the combat squad just die within seconds of meeting the enemy.

    Overall was pretty disapointed with the expansion. I remember when I was younger I prefered OF over Blue Shift, but now it's the other way around. Although Blue Shift lacks a lot of new additions and is pretty short, it still feels very much like a half life game and it keeps well within the lore and doesn't go crazy. Opposing Force is really ambitious, with tons of new mechanics, weapons, aliens and new lore, yet it kinda flops.

    Sorry for the huge post, just wanted to share my thoughts after playing, and of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, if you disagree with me, thats okay!

    submitted by /u/TheLastAngus
    [link] [comments]

    Chill

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    Recreated Cp violation bass Line with my 303

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:54 AM PDT

    Im making a short hl2 mod before going on big one. Here is sneak peak.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    I got this as a “2nd place” trophy in a trivia session.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment