• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 9, 2021

    Half-Life It's Adrian shepherd

    Half-Life It's Adrian shepherd


    It's Adrian shepherd

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    Black Mesa got screwed.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    Finished Half Life Alyx today, can’t wait for the next game (if it ever comes out).

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    Think freeman , think!

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    oh no

    Posted: 09 May 2021 04:29 AM PDT

    Look at me

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    look who finally showed up...

    Posted: 09 May 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    Just found this on a post from a website asking about half life. Doom 3 was still new back then.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:30 AM PDT

    There is still hope...

    Posted: 09 May 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    bruh look who in the Brady Bunch

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    Pretty sure the hazardous waste puddles in HL were just dirty mop water

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:53 PM PDT

    Eli is Combine confirmed?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:27 PM PDT

    What do you guys think of this pixel art I made?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 09:08 PM PDT

    I just found this unused level geometry in d1_trainstation_01. I don't know if anyone posted this but I thought it was cool

    Posted: 09 May 2021 09:07 PM PDT

    Help someone nostalgic (request)

    Posted: 09 May 2021 06:14 PM PDT

    To cut a long story short, I'm looking for an old, high quality, and edited walk-through of HL2.

    It had a man with what sounded like a British accent giving commentary over edited vignettes and action sequences in the game.

    All else I can Distinctly remember is A comment on "Route Kanal's" double entendre,

    Barney being attacked by roller-mines in DOG's yard at Black Mesa East,

    Black screen with white text for title cards,

    Some Goose icon attached to the poster,

    Admittedly this was a series on YouTube like 10 years ago at least, so I'm not expecting much; but hopefully one of you can help

    submitted by /u/OfficalCmeon
    [link] [comments]

    I was watching bolloxed

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:55 PM PDT

    Lonesome Rebel Hideout

    Posted: 09 May 2021 01:17 AM PDT

    Opinion: HL1 is better than HL2, the episodes, and Black Mesa combined.

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    In my opinion, Half Life is one of the top 3 best games ever made. I'm hesitant to call it number one because it does have a few issues, it's not 100% perfect, no game will ever be perfect. I can't say it's better than Alyx, either, because I've never played Half Life Alyx. Looks amazing. But personally, I find the story, buildup, setting and climax of Half Life 1 far more satisfying than Half Life 2. The first game has far more satisfying combat with more situations that force you to use a wide variety of weapons, and even though the gravity gun can shake up combat a bit, I thought the whole overcharged gravity gun thing in HL2 to be a bit overpowered and not challenging enough. The Tau cannon, in my opinion, was far more badass. HL1 Gordon just feels more badass in general. I mean, taking on the Combine, an inter dimensional entity with unfathomable power is extremely threatening, far more so than anything in the original, but I still feel more scared of the military than anything in HL2. The way they hunt you down is genuinely chilling. The traps they set up, the endless assassination attempts, the way that eventually both of you are locked in a battle you simply can't win, and then being thrown into a completely alien world. Xen is terrifying. Surface Tension is terrifying. Office Complex is terrifying. We've got hostiles is terrifying. On a rail is terrifying. (And a good chapter, I don't care what people say. I used to hate it too.) It's amazing how little complexity the guards and science team have on a basic level, yet how much empathy you have for them, being in the same mess working against the same adversary (the military and Xen aliens) and the fact that they cower when faced with overwhelming events. I like how it's short and sweet. It's very stimulating, captivating and all around an amazing game. Not that Half Life 2 lacks those things. But sometimes HL2 doesn't feel... REAL enough. The citizens' screams don't sound real enough, unlike the scientists in the original which sounded genuinely mortified and scared for their lives. I also think the aesthetic that was taken on in HL2 doesn't feel quite as satisfying or morbid, the uncanny-ness of the aliens felt less cartoonish maybe, but also less... polarizing and creepy. I don't like how the focus shifted from just getting out alive to being this savior guy. It takes away from the whole "Freeman is just some MIT graduate" thing. It makes the game world feel less plausible, where as HL1 feels incredibly real to me for some reason, perhaps it's the way that the military are used to clean up the mess, or the way that aliens are portrayed more realistically than ive ever seen in media- with their own ecosystem and multiple different races all being of their own significance. The only game I can think of to portray aliens this realistically is Halo, which came years later. Half Life 2 is still an amazing game, and if I made a top ten games of all time list, I think HL2 would be right after HL1, but still. Oh yeah, and Black Mesa ruined multiple things that made the first game amazing.

    I am of the opinion that the first game is better. Does anyone else agree? Why or why not? Am I just a hipster? I am eager to hear what others think.

    submitted by /u/whiskeyslug5wg
    [link] [comments]

    Tier list of Opposing Force weapons (for Multiplayer)

    Posted: 09 May 2021 12:47 AM PDT

    What are the WORST chapters in half life 2?

    Posted: 09 May 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    (Unpopular opinion here) I actually dont like the ravenholm chapter, it's mainly because it took me forever to do the gravity gun achievement, and I hate fast/poison headcrabs and their associated zombies. I never liked killing enemies that dont drop anything on death. But it had an amazing atmosphere and level design (which could be confusing in some parts) and one of my favorite video game charecters of all time. Also I didnt like the strider fights in the city war chapters.

    EDIT: it's supposed to say dark energy but I forgot to add the energy part

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/YankeeDoodler1776
    [link] [comments]

    started playing black mesa i thought i should do some fan art hope you like it :)

    Posted: 09 May 2021 09:37 PM PDT

    [removed]

    submitted by /u/MoltoHonda
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment