• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 31, 2021

    Half-Life we did it Patrick!

    Half-Life we did it Patrick!


    we did it Patrick!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    Where to start? I'm totally new to halflife and want to experience the entire series and is there any other game that I'm missing so, where do I start from? Thank you!!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:18 AM PDT

    "If I Die I Restart" -- When Goldsrc Hates You

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    i managed to protect this barney till we got to the dam

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:11 PM PDT

    I sketched a stalker!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:19 AM PDT

    I WEAR A MASK WITH A SMILE FOR HOURS AT A TIME

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    Half-Life Alyx: Levitation Teaser

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    "If I Die I Restart" -- Crashing Counts.. Crashing Counts..

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    "Ms. GLaDOS, is it? I must say I am quite...fond of your work. Perhaps I can interest you with a... proposal from my employer."

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:37 PM PDT

    today i accidentally finished Half-Life 2 while i was dead. didn't even though that was possible, until now.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    Weird Alyx glitch

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 04:45 PM PDT

    very important question

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:03 PM PDT

    does anybody know who actually is the first girl we meet ay the start of HL Alyx? Like a deep explanation of how she knows her, what she knows and why she is here.

    submitted by /u/Lexusss69420
    [link] [comments]

    Alyx: G-Man but with appearances from past Half-Life games.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:37 PM PDT

    "Overwatch, this is Sweeper Seven. Contact has been made with unregistered entity, please advise."

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    I found a way to crack open this door at the end of the bonus mission in Decay, is there a way to fully open it to access this area?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:07 AM PDT

    Half life: Alyx- Bioshock mod ��

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:12 AM PDT

    HL2 but with more enemies and obstacles

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 04:06 PM PDT

    So I'm looking around, and I'm trying to find the HL2 campaign, but modified to contain more enemies and obstacles. Like, more explosive barrels and force fields, or Hunters in Highway 17, or Bullsquids in Route Kanal, or Soldiers and Gunships at the final Strider battle in EP2 like in the beta - a bit of an added challenge to the original campaign. An excuse to play it again, but you've already mastered it many times, so up the stakes a bit.

    Like, the Combine are more desperate to kill Gordon Freeman, so they try a little harder by giving greater numbers. If this hasn't been made yet, this really should.

    submitted by /u/CrimsonFlareGun45
    [link] [comments]

    In defence of "On A Rail"

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:24 AM PDT

    This chapter of Half Life seems to get such a lot of hate but it's one of my favourites, probably second only after Surface Tension.

    You really start to get a sense at this point not just of the physical size of Black Mesa, but the actual infrastructure needed to keep it running with this train system going all over the damn place. The fact there are different paths (sure, they all lead the same place eventually, it's a Valve game) was something I liked, not a tedious chore like seems to be a common opinion.

    Yeah, the stopping and starting the cart and accidentally moving so you disabled the uselock was a pain but you got used to it, it was 1998, a moving vehicle was impressive enough on it's own.

    So many great set-piece battles with the HECU. Seeing the HECU fighting the aliens. All those bits with cunning placements of turrets and tripmines that you can find a way past if you just bend the rules of fair play slightly (like sending the train up alone first then using the ladders): but also the traps to those paths, like that one bit where you can take a side route to get a good grenade position on a turret, but it involves going into an unlit room which turns out to have a zombie in it.

    Tons of atmosphere, tons of evidence that this place is just huge, not just in size but in the logistical scale of it all.

    Thoughts, my fellow crowbars?

    submitted by /u/dwfuji
    [link] [comments]

    A word about Half-Life 2: Remastered Collection and what it exactly is. (It's not a Source 2 remake.)

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    I've seen a lot of people on here thinking the Remastered Collection mod will be a Black Mesa level remake in Source 2, which it is not. There isn't gonna be Source 2 level assets, or anything like that. What it WILL be, however, is bacically a quality of life and unification mod. It's bacically bringing HL2: Update to Episode 1 and 2, and making some further, much smaller than a remake, changes. I just want people to check their expectations and not get disappointed when they expect a free mod to be a full remake of all 3 games, and they don't get that, when that was never said in the first place.

    submitted by /u/TheCrzy1
    [link] [comments]

    The Xen Dab

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:41 AM PDT

    Creepy ass sound clips from HL:A?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:46 PM PDT

    Alright I just experienced a real creepypasta in HL:A.

    So I downloaded some mods and decided to continue on one of my old mods. I was replaying a part that I played multiple times before and after using the green keycard I started to hear squishy meat sounds and what sounded like a child crying. The game was acting pretty normal and I started to listen closely. Sometimes it would play a news reporter saying something. I didn't understand at first until I listened extremely closely. He literally said

    TRIGGER WARNING SUICIDE

    "A child was found crying next to her father in the attic where he hung himself with a garden hose."

    Instant fucking alt+f4. I played that section multiple times and I never heard that. Ik it was probably a mod that I downloaded that replaced sounds but holy shit that caught me really off guard.

    Now that I think about it, it sounded more like an alien child crying. It didn't sound that normal.

    Has anyone seen this anywhere in game or does anyone know any mod that has a sound clip like that?

    submitted by /u/Quiet-Cash-4663
    [link] [comments]

    Come steaming bullshit from Kotaku

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    So i was casually browsing interwebs and Kotaku article popped up. The tile? Why Half-Life 2 Doesn't Live Up To Its Predecessor. 'Hmm, a good bit of criticism is ok' I thought, so I went on and started to read. Boy oh boy! You people need to see this.

    https://kotaku.com/why-well-never-see-half-life-3-1786170872

    submitted by /u/panTenteges
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment