• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 24, 2019

    Half-Life Tried my best to recreate the H.E.V. Charger from HL. 1:2 scale. The whole 3D printed model is from Black Mesa and the paint of it is based on the same model.

    Half-Life Tried my best to recreate the H.E.V. Charger from HL. 1:2 scale. The whole 3D printed model is from Black Mesa and the paint of it is based on the same model.


    Tried my best to recreate the H.E.V. Charger from HL. 1:2 scale. The whole 3D printed model is from Black Mesa and the paint of it is based on the same model.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 09:41 AM PST

    Merry Chrismas :) (OC)

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:42 PM PST

    I posted a cool trick I did earlier today, but I got an even better result

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 12:51 AM PST

    [SFM] East Black Mesa go boom boom

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 12:31 PM PST

    These soldiers have got some next-level throwing arms

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 05:21 PM PST

    Nice

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 04:29 AM PST

    What is your favorite holiday season game? 10 years ago I won half life 1 for the first time and since then every Christmas I play it again.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 04:29 AM PST

    My Secret Santa at work knows me so well.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 04:19 AM PST

    I don't even know anymore

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 03:53 PM PST

    This was brought into my office today. Looks... familiar?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 04:54 PM PST

    Just completed Black Mesa: Xen - It was fantastic!

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:59 PM PST

    Serious hats off to the developers. The puzzles felt distinctly Half Life 1, and it was a pretty smooth ride throughout. Took me maybe 6 hours to get through all the xen sections on easy. Was an absolute pleasure.
    Also, whoever animated the train carriage swirling into place at the end with Gman, incredible. That was really awesome.

    submitted by /u/Skjolbir
    [link] [comments]

    The Freeman Has Fallen

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 11:29 AM PST

    Ravenholm? never heard of it | basically skipping ravenholm. the video contains cuts

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:21 AM PST

    Watch or no watch?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 04:04 PM PST

    Hey guys, I saw that many praise Freeman mind's (I think that's the name ...) It's a Half-Lfe Youtuber, but the question is:

    I wanted to watch but I'm having a problem, do his videos have subtitles? Mostly English

    If not and have only automatically generated gives pro spending, if you have in Portuguese Brazil I will be even happier! To understand... :/

    submitted by /u/Bhe_Kurai
    [link] [comments]

    Chuckle Brothers Black Mesa easter egg

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:13 AM PST

    So I changed my video settings and made my screen windowed now I can’t see anything I can only see that and I can scroll down help plz

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 05:19 PM PST

    I've always been wondering if Crowbar Collective will develop the Hazard Course for Black Mesa someday.

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 06:37 AM PST

    I know that there is a mod that do this but i mean to integrate it in the game like the original.

    submitted by /u/VegetaSuperSaiyajin
    [link] [comments]

    I would like some help

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 09:45 PM PST

    ive gotten the original half life games, but when i try to move my mouse it decides "no" and automoves it up to the top

    this is impossible to deal with

    I cant just take the time to use the arrow keys just to shoot something

    submitted by /u/sabatonsungwrong
    [link] [comments]

    Responding to "Original Half-Life or Black Mesa"

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 04:01 AM PST

    Dear r/HalfLife,

    We are finally getting new experiences to this beloved franchise. We will need to introduce a new generation to an old series. The Half-Life experience that touched us many years ago might not touch the new players in the same way. The games aged, WE aged. What was impressive 10-20 years ago might be significantly less impressive today for a new player.

    People will ask what version to play in the following days. Instead of typing "Original" for the easy karma, give detailed answers, allow them to decide what they value more in an experience. The worst outcome would not be the fact that they played the wrong one first, but it would be them not liking the one they played. Our goal should be to help new players get the experience they seek, rather than shoving them to the one we want them to have.

    The original Half-Life is great in many ways, but significant part of that greatness is contextual and personal. It is bound by time. The mechanics, the AI, atmosphere, whatever you want to list to what makes Half-Life great. Personally, my most played game is RimWorld so I could not care less for the graphics, but the person asking you which version to play might, so it is a good idea to at least mention how old the GoldSrc engine is.

    I find Black Mesa to be a really good remake. Sure, there are performance issues and difficulty overall seems to have ups and downs. If you are on their discord server, they continuously ask for feedback and any bugs found, feel free to help them and make the game better. Do not discourage people from the game over issues like difficulty and performance which will be fixed. Lastly, I see a lot of people giving Xen as an excuse to play the original. Xen being different from the original should be cherished, not frowned upon. Gabe Newell himself said that Xen levels were rushed and they could not deliver what they wanted for these levels so he regrets the chapter as a whole. CC is doing justice to that statement. They delivered what it could be, rather than the rushed product of what it was.

    tl;dr People at Crowbar Collective did not spend 15 years on this remake so everyone would direct the new players to the 20 year version of the game without giving any explanation, show some respect to both players and the developers, this might be our only chance to revive a long dying fan base

    submitted by /u/RedheadLivesMAtter
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a Half life source map modification

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 02:37 PM PST

    Hi, I'm new to the hl community and I have very little experience when using Source or Goldsrc (or any REAL video game engine). But I was wondering how I could get Half-Life source onto the hammer editor; that is really all I need because when I get a game into the source engine, editing is practically the same (correct me if I'm wrong, it is just a conclusion.)

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/boiwithaclarinet
    [link] [comments]

    Half-Life 2 overhaul mod?

    Posted: 24 Dec 2019 08:09 PM PST

    I'm wondering what the best Overhaul mod is for Half-Life 2. After beating black Mesa and moving to Half-Life 2 I want to continue that look. I've heard of the Cinematic Mod but it has some incredibly mixed reviews. Hoping I could get some genuine answers!

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/J-RocTPB
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment