• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 23, 2020

    Half-Life Gman Tells a Joke | Credits: JapaneseBushBaby, Myself

    Half-Life Gman Tells a Joke | Credits: JapaneseBushBaby, Myself


    Gman Tells a Joke | Credits: JapaneseBushBaby, Myself

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:36 PM PST

    What that first headcrab sees after the resonance cascade

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:44 AM PST

    Well, they weren't wrong (Black Mesa)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:18 AM PST

    Hunter on the prowl

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:19 AM PST

    Pressing E in my mind

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:09 PM PST

    Big day today Dr. Freeman

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:47 PM PST

    I was playing through HL2... God damnit G-Man (look at my health)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:09 PM PST

    Work In Proggres 3D Reimagined Combine Soldier Model in the Half-Life Franchise. Pose will deffo change, and will texture it soon.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:58 AM PST

    Half-Life Voice Actor, Mike Shapiro: "...later in 2020, there's a different big surprise coming that folks may be keen to learn about."

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:18 AM PST

    It's not wrong.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:22 AM PST

    I will not be watching a play-through of Half-Life: Alyx, here's why.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:54 AM PST

    Apologies for the wall of text.

    I'm sure that as many of you know, Half-Life: Alyx has been announced, the first single-player game Valve has announced since 2011, with Portal 2, and the first Half-Life title since HL2E2, in 2007. Since the announcement, there has been a fair amount of controversy surrounding the game: it's not HL3, its VR only, its too expensive, and so on. People are especially upset since they won't be able to play it themselves, the main reason being the cost of a VR-rig. I admit I am also a little peeved, being a broke college student who has neither the space, finance, or time to get a VR-set up.

    Now, something I've seen people comment on different threads is that they'll be watching a play-through of Half-Life:Alyx. While this is a fair sentiment, I have thought long and hard about this, and I have decided against watching someone else play the game, and here's why.

    My first experience with the Half-Life universe was actually watching Freeman's Mind by Ross Scott when I was younger. It was fun, and entertaining, and I was instantly hooked. I watched the entire series, and was disappointed to find there wasn't a series for the sequel (btw Freeman's Mind 2 is out now, check it out). So I watched a play-through of Half-Life 2 and it's episodes. And I was amazed by the quality of those games. It seemed revolutionary at the time.

    Yet, upon reflection, it is clear to me that I made a mistake. A couple years later, I was given the HL-bundle on Steam, and I was able to play through all the games, including Opposing Force and Blue Shift. And, to my surprise, it wasn't as enjoyable as I thought it would be. I realized that since I had seen most of the mechanics before, I wasn't as enthralled by them as I should have been. I think the problem was being spoiled by the play-through. I had already seen what would unfold, and it just didn't catch my attention as much.

    I think the play-through soiled my experience for Half-Life, and it would have been better for me to play the game myself and have the whole experience, rather than watch someone else play it.

    But flash forward to today, and HL:A has been announced, and given what little we have seen from Valve, the game looks very promising. I would be extremely excited to play it, if not for the fact that I cannot use VR in my current situation. So I can't play the game right now, and I won't watch a play-through, because I believe it will sully the experience. What am I going to do?

    Wait.

    Seriously, that's it. I'm going to save up for a quality headset, and get myself the full experience HL:A has to offer. It's been 12 years since the release of a Half-Life game, and I think we all understand the value of patience, perhaps more than is healthy.

    So that is my stance on the whole VR situation. I will wait until I can play it myself, and I will avoid any spoilers for the plot or gameplay. I probably won't succeed, because spoilers have a way of being everywhere, no matter how much you avoid them. I think the best way to experience Half-Life: Alyx will be to play it for yourself, and that's what I vow to do.

    Thank you for your time.

    P.S. Of course, this doesn't have to apply to all of you. Do what you want to do, this post is just me explaining my reasons behind why I won't be watching a play-through.

    submitted by /u/rojahel
    [link] [comments]

    Reminds me of somewhere.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:00 PM PST

    Just a Theory

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:53 PM PST

    Have you played the Half Life 2 series and noticed all the different languages? (Russian, Bulgarian, Swedish, English, etc) in City 17 and the outlying area? I think this is there because of the portal storms, teleporting many things in many different places. The different languages might have been a product of the Portal storms messing things up. This is just a theory, (a game theory) it might be wrong.

    submitted by /u/aiuhtwahwtioSPAM
    [link] [comments]

    Gman voice actor, 'Mike Shapiro' reveals the upcoming title for 2020, after half life alyx is a "surprise blast from the past."

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 05:34 PM PST

    https://youtu.be/rEXjRokfUpY?t=1001

    Any ideas to what title it could refer to?

    submitted by /u/TK503
    [link] [comments]

    Modify NPC stats - HL2 (Ep 1 specifically)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:41 PM PST

    Hey all, wondering if there's a way to like such as increase Alyx's gun's damage and so on. Trying to beat all the HL games again before HLA comes out and struggling in the parking garage in Ep1. I have a lot of anxiety and this garage is kicking my butt. I don't normally have this much anxiety, but life is full of lemons currently.

    submitted by /u/giftigdegen
    [link] [comments]

    With the recent delays, will Valve extend the Valve Index promotion past the game's release?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:51 PM PST

    Everything's in the title.
    Headsets are out of stock since Alyx's announcement, and it seems that getting these exclusive items is now impossible...

    submitted by /u/s0r00t
    [link] [comments]

    It is so frustrating

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 07:03 PM PST

    Just started playing half-life source. Is anyone else having to wait an hour for loading

    submitted by /u/fire8all
    [link] [comments]

    Finished Half Life 2 for the first time yesterday

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:29 AM PST

    I absolutely loved it. One of my favorite games now! Loved the story progression compared to 1, didn't feel as drawn out and the graphics (in my opinion) still look pretty good in today's standards. :) I do feel bad for not playing these games sooner. XD Started Episode 1 directly after and I'm already on Chapter 3. Already pre-ordered Alyx, and here's hoping they make 3 some day! (If my post is breaking any rules, let me know. I read them, but I'll remove it if it does!)

    submitted by /u/MansionOfNightmares
    [link] [comments]

    Those not planning to play Alyx - what you gonna do?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:05 PM PST

    I'm not going to play Alyx because it would require bigger investment. On the other hand I would like to play it in a year or two... What do you think is the best? Try to be spoiler free? Or watch a let's play? Or disconnect myself from Internet altogether? What would you do? Or those also not playing Alyx soon, what are you going to do?
     
    I think I will avoid anything Half-Life related for a long time.

    submitted by /u/Dr0zD
    [link] [comments]

    Evolution of The Crowbar in Valve Games

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:19 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment