• Breaking News

    Monday, February 24, 2020

    Half-Life Harry Teasley, artist and designer who worked on Half-Life stopped by r/HalfLife to share some interesting insight on HL1's development.

    Half-Life Harry Teasley, artist and designer who worked on Half-Life stopped by r/HalfLife to share some interesting insight on HL1's development.


    Harry Teasley, artist and designer who worked on Half-Life stopped by r/HalfLife to share some interesting insight on HL1's development.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 01:43 PM PST

    "Mexican Federal Police in Ciudad Juarez have refused to comment on a newly-established 5-block quarantine zone in the southeast quarter of the city..."

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:32 AM PST

    Black Mesa 1.0 will launch on March 5th

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 07:01 PM PST

    Been out of Half-Life Mapping for a while, but it was a blast to build a combat encounter again after so long.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 02:49 PM PST

    Which assassin looks better ?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:33 PM PST

    Less than a month to go, not sure how best to spend my time

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 12:01 PM PST

    I see that the Nova Prospekt train wasnt as interesting but this might be.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 09:26 PM PST

    Black Mesa Final 1.0 Release Update (Dynamic Lights,Shadows, New Textures) Comparison 2012 VS 2020

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 01:30 PM PST

    List of Father Grigori's biblical references

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:32 AM PST

    Hey everyone! I'm not sure how many people would be interested in this, but I have compiled a list of Father Grigori's biblical references in HL2. I was reading through the Psalms one day and noticed some familiar phrases and so I thought I'd share them with you all in time for Lent.

    Father Grigori primarily makes references to the Book of Psalms but will occasionally make references to other parts of the Bible and also a Gnostic text called the Pistis Sophia which refers to these Psalms. The Gnostics were sects of Judaism and Christianity (originating from the first century AD) that claimed to have a personal, hidden knowledge of God that they believed was necessary for salvation but whose ideas were ultimately excluded from Jewish and Christian belief.

    During my compilation, I was having trouble placing some of these quotes in the Bible and stumbled upon an article on the Half-Life wiki that showed me the references to the Pistis Sophia in this document. And it seems that user A-Shift there had already done this compilation before me so I must thank them for filling in the blanks for me!

    Anyway, here are the references, which may be direct or indirect depending on the quote. Also, I used the Douay-Rheims version of the Bible, so the numbering may different from your version of choice. I am not a biblical scholar by any means, so if I missed or mis-referenced anything, let me know!

    Youtube video of Father Grigori's voice lines

    References to Psalm 34

    • Psalm 34:1 Judge those who do injustice to me, fight with those who fight with me!

    • Psalm 34:2 Take hold of a weapon and shield and rise to help me!

    • Psalm 34:3 Draw forth a sword and sheath it in those that afflict me! Say to my soul: "I am thy salvation."

    • Psalm 34:5 May they become like dust before the wind! May the angel of the Lord pursue them!

    • Psalm 34:6 May their paths become dark and slippery and may the angel of the Lord afflict them!

    • Psalm 34:8 May the snare they not know come to them and may the net which they have hidden for me catch them in my place!

    References to Psalm 87

    • Psalm 87:4 and some extra For my soul is filled with evil and like this place must be purged!

    • Part of Psalm 87:6 For the dead know no sleep in their graves, nor dost thou remember them until they are destroyed through thy hands!

    • Psalm 87:7 I have been laid down in a pit of darknesses and the shadow of death!

    • Psalm 87:8 And thy anger has pressed down up me! And all they cares have come down upon me!

    • Possibly Psalm 87:10 but Grigori-fied. The Psalms make many references to praying from beds. And from this bed I cry out for the kindling of thy light!

    • Psalm 87:11 And what terrible wonders are these thou hast done among the dead? What shades rise to confess thee and what specters shall know thee by thy name?

    • Psalm 87:12 but Grigori-fied O Light, may thy name be spoken in the graves and spelled in bones and ashes!

    • Psalm 87:17 Thy rages have come down upon me and thy fears have agitated me!

    References to Psalm 101

    • Psalm 101:3 Turn not thy face away from me, incline thy ear and hear me when I shall cry to thee in my affliction.

    • Psalm 101:4 but Grigori-fied For the days of my life have vanished like smoke, and my bones are parched like ash and let all my impurities be fuel for that fire until nothing remains but the light alone!

    • Psalm 101:6 From the voice of my groaning my bone has cleaved to my flesh.

    Assorted References

    • Reference to Exodus 3:5 where God as the burning bush commands Moses to take off his sandals, "for the place where you stand is holy ground" Follow me, brother. And tread lightly, for this is hallowed ground.

    • Reference to the Psalms where God is often referred to as David's "helper" Oh Light of Lights, why have you taken my helper?

    • Possibly a reference to Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead in John 11:1-44, but "rising again" is mentioned many times in the new testament. Rest now brother, for you will surely live again; Rise, brother, rise!; Live again, brother!

    • Matthew 6:10, part of the Lord's Prayer Thy will be done, o Light of Lights

    • Reference to David, who is described as "a man after [God's] own heart" Samuel 13:14, Acts 13:22 You've stirred up hell! Man after my own heart!

    • Most likely a reference to Matthew 3:2 Mend your ways before it is too late!

    References to the Pistis Sophia

    • I bless the glory of thy greatness all the day and through the darkness of this night.

    • Woe to all, for our dwelling place is distant and we wander through the domiciles of chaos.

    • My power was lost in places that were not mine, affliction besought me, and the merciless ones attacked me without cause.

    • Although they call me crazy, I care not, for thought art my helper, my strength, and my savior!

    • I pray do never turn away thy light.

    • Give heed to me and spring thy traps upon mine enemies when I cry out to thee.

    • For it was said they had become like these peculiar demons which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found.

    • Iniquity's snares are cunning but, by the Light of Lights, mine are greater still!

    submitted by /u/GameCubeman
    [link] [comments]

    I don't think the rebels can win against this master piece.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 12:00 AM PST

    I know hdtf isnt really a half life game but here is a before and after of a edited mitchell facetexture i made.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 03:48 PM PST

    Amazing Half Life 2 Model Creations

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 02:55 PM PST

    I hope this isn't to bad?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 07:31 PM PST

    nice.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:52 PM PST

    I cant wait for the major communities in HL to go wild after HLA

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:34 AM PST

    I cant wait for the lore and influx of information on the universe that is HL

    I cant wait for the art community

    I cant wait for (hopefully) the animations

    And just in general to explore the world even more

    I also think there will be a lot more lore on the seven hour war as it's closer to that time period

    submitted by /u/bored_phosphurous
    [link] [comments]

    Lets take a moment to appreciate just how beautiful Joel Nielsen's soundtrack to Black Mesa Xen really was.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:48 AM PST

    Combine looking for Freeman

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 07:45 AM PST

    Black Mesa Research Facility on Google Maps

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 09:53 PM PST

    Underrated question

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 09:43 PM PST

    Ok. Let's about Adrian. Aside from questioning his fate. How about this question? Was Adrian one of the 1st wave or 2nd wave of HECU units?

    submitted by /u/FreeBird0964
    [link] [comments]

    Taking a closer look at the Nova Prospekt Razor trains.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 08:34 PM PST

    Half life alyx: Combine ship theory/discussion

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 04:47 PM PST

    what is everyones thoughts on the floating combine ship. its the first real ship we have seen of the combine that is not a synth ship.

    submitted by /u/Thedarkrifle
    [link] [comments]

    Solutions if you don't own a VR rig

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 09:26 PM PST

    The goal is to play HL:A, not to own a VR rig. This opens up some possibilities.

    You only need a VR rig for as long as you need to play that game (binge playing from Fri-Sat-Sun, like 5 hours a day, if the length of HL:A is anything similar to HL2 and episodes, and if your skill as a player is decent that you don't lose time getting stuck in places).

    So renting the rig comes to mind: you'd rent a HMD + desktop system to play, which is cheaper than buying the stuff. You just need to make sure that the system is capable of running the game.

    submitted by /u/doko-desuka
    [link] [comments]

    Half Life 2 keeps crashing.

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 05:34 PM PST

    I'm on the Follow Freeman chapter towards the end and my game keeps either closing out without warning or freezes. Is there anything I can do to get this fixed? The same thing happened when I was knocking out the combine generator. I loaded from an earlier save file and that fixed that part but I tried it again and it still keeps crashing. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. I've beaten Half life Source and Opposing force without any hiccups.

    submitted by /u/KultDawg
    [link] [comments]

    how do i make a mod for half life 2?

    Posted: 24 Feb 2020 03:12 PM PST

    i have looked it up but it never works! if any one colud help me i wolud be greatful

    submitted by /u/chicken_noodles_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment