• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 1, 2020

    Half-Life Black Mesa Transit System IRL

    Half-Life Black Mesa Transit System IRL


    Black Mesa Transit System IRL

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:49 AM PST

    Made this thing myself,also I got this art work from internet not mine.Also I put up some music in it :) post inspired by u\JohnJohn1983 and u\mxrtinezz1322

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 04:52 AM PST

    It won’t be the same without you, so much left unsaid.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 06:44 PM PST

    "If we work together, we can get out of this hellhole way easier..."

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:18 AM PST

    I really like ravenholms layout but couldnt find a map of it so i drawed my own.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:29 AM PST

    I was playing laser tag and around the arena they painted video game symbols and I was surprised and happy to find the lambda on one of the walls

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:57 PM PST

    Appretiation thread of Mike Shapiro's phenomenal voice acting

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:29 AM PST

    I would like to share something new of my work with you. this poor little guy... The Stalker Just follow me on insta for more models http://www.instagram.com/andreaswintersteller

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:31 PM PST

    "About time you showed up, Calhoun!"

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 06:31 PM PST

    Fun Fact: In HL Source, the scientist in the garbage still talks to you.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:27 PM PST

    made my own dimensional slingshot :p

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:18 PM PST

    when theres a spider in your house:

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 12:33 PM PST

    Working at Black Mesa IRL

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:32 AM PST

    I find it amusing that I loved playing HL as a teenager, and now I do materials science research at a Half Life-y facility as a PhD student. So, even on my worst days, I can still look around me and go, "Wow, I actually am doing my thesis at a Black Mesa, this is so awesome. Where's them aliens?"

    I wonder, how many Half Life fans are also scientists?

    Gordon would be like that postdoc I'd heard of working for Dr. So-and-So's group. I've always been convinced that at least one person on Half Life's dev team has a research/academic background. The attention to detail behind HL1's Black Mesa facility (with sci-fi creative liberty of course) is TOO good to be "made up" by someone completely outside of a research career.

    Some scientists research the effect of radioactivity on material composition. I think that those Xen samples that the Black Mesa scientists used for their crazy teleportation research had a bizarre composition. Gordon Freeman became an experimentalist working with fairly energetic, what I presume to be, ionizing alien materials ("anomalous materials"). How Gordon ended up with this position with a theoretical physics PhD is anybody's guess. Kleiner must have put in an excellent word for him to specialize outside of his field to this degree.

    Gordon's requirement to wear the HEV suit makes complete sense if these Xen crystals are very energetic and damaging to nuclei. If highly radioactive, they are especially penetrative to soft, low-atomic-number elements like H and C, which we people are mostly made up of... The alien crystals are probably throwing out ionizing gamma rays and alpha, beta, and neutron particles everywhere, every second. The HEV suit has shielding to protect him, but just imagine an invisible, DNA-destroying thing going out in all directions: that's ionizing radiation. Gordon could've developed anxiety when he realized how energetic these Xen samples were.

    Also, it's funny for me to picture the G-man bringing the pure Xen sample to Black Mesa in what appears to be a plain suit. There's just the G-man with no PPE or even gloves and safety goggles. This would look extremely WEIRD and IMPROPER and UNSAFE to the actual scientists: how is this guy casually able to handle this anomalous and extraordinarily pure material? Assuming it gives off unusually high energies? Seriously? "How was he even allowed to", the scientists ask themselves? How did he get in here? This would be an obvious tell to the researchers that he ("they, it") is otherworldly and can withstand things biological creatures cannot.

    It would be kind of endearing if the G-man just forgot about this, depending on his alien-to-human ratio: "Oh...? ??? This is... ??? Bad for huMaNs...? ??? Oh, yeah..." I find this mental image genuinely hilarious and awful. I picture the BM scientists hallucinating from fear and confusion staring at him with this alien chunk of whatever. I would be so upset if I saw the G-man holding the anomalous crystal in his unprotected hands. I would tell him how irresponsible he's being--shouting, from 100 feet away--and worry for his life, and tell him to get out. I might faint from my OCD.

    ... Considering that the G-man is wildly intelligent, and * -mutters to myself- might've had experience working at Black Mesa during a... time * it's likely he had that sample delivered properly. ... But I like to think of the hilarity of him just going "here you go" out of nowhere to the Black Mesa scientists. LOL.

    The G-man's appearance just tells me that his alien sensibilities are trying to look as "statistically average" in the context of a stakeholder. The G-man blends in well with his disguise as a highly generic individual... If not for his uncanny valley and lovely fluorescent eyes.

    submitted by /u/naytile
    [link] [comments]

    It's the hyperborea

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 04:18 AM PST

    Sucks to be Foreman

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 06:08 PM PST

    Made my own episode 2 citadel GIF! (Inspired by u/JohnJohn1983)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 02:19 AM PST

    My new Half-Life map - inwall_complex.bsp!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 10:06 AM PST

    Dynamic Snow Accumulation in Boreal Alyph

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:45 PM PST

    Black Mesa Part 7 Playthrough // First time playing HL

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 09:25 PM PST

    First time playing - plot of blue shift/opposing force relevant?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:43 PM PST

    I'm (finally) playing the half life series after having them all in my Steam library for years. I noticed that Half Life: Source is basically a remaster of half life so I was going to play that

    Blue Shift and Opposing Force however look like they're expansions but just tell an alternate perspective? Since they're not remastered and don't follow Mr. Freeman, do I have to play them to get all plot details before going on to Half Life 2? Or are they not referenced in the rest of the series / not worth playing in 2020?

    submitted by /u/WitcherBard
    [link] [comments]

    Are we still expecting SteamVR Home HLA environments tomorrow?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 08:54 AM PST

    https://twitter.com/valvesoftware/status/1228040497706389505

    The above tweet suggests that pre-order bonuses are rolling out this week but I'm feeling it's legitimately too good to be true that we can visit locations from HLA in SteamVR Home as early as tomorrow. Was there any other update on this?

    submitted by /u/hardtowear
    [link] [comments]

    New bug? Supercharged Gravity Gun in Chapter 5

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 07:09 AM PST

    New bug? Supercharged Gravity Gun in Chapter 5

    In Half-Life 2 it's possible to get the supercharged Gravity Gun in chapter 5 (no cheats).

    How i found out

    After having completed the game i wanted to go back and get some achievements that i missed. Instead of starting a new game or loading an older save file, i choose to "changelevel" in console so that my progress on the "Lamda Locater" achievement would be saved. I was on my newest save (Dark Energy chapter) and changed the level via. console. From that point i played through the game again to collect the remaning achievements. I noticed something odd however: Enemies did not drop ammo and when they died they had the same white glow as they have in chapter 12+13. At chapter 5 i got my Gravity Gun, but instead of getting the normal one, i got the supercharged one.

    How to get the supercharged Gravity Gun at chapter 5

    • A save file after the event where your Gravity Gun gets supercharged.
    • Enable console.
    • Load your save file and write "changelevel d1_eli_02".
    • Get your supercharged Gravity Gun from Alyx.

    And there you have it. Your own supercharged Gravity Gun, without using any cheats. You can now go around and collect your achievements with ease.

    Note: You cannot unlock "Zombie Chopper" using the supercharged Gravity Gun.

    A video showing the bug

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Xp_8ehthc&t=

    Screenshot

    https://preview.redd.it/4y6l9irrt2k41.png?width=602&format=png&auto=webp&s=320ccbddcae729d81ad6792fd4e29e3b1c1b8e69

    submitted by /u/Hyberstrike
    [link] [comments]

    An article I wrote in 2014/2015 about Half-Life, you think I predicted Alyx?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2020 03:10 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment