• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 13, 2020

    Half-Life The song from the vault in HL:A is identical forwards and backwards.

    Half-Life The song from the vault in HL:A is identical forwards and backwards.


    The song from the vault in HL:A is identical forwards and backwards.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Aaaw λ³

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    should've had your passport

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    "This bread is MINE"

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    My two favorite completely unrelated lines in Half-Life:

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    "Shutting down! A- attempting shutdown! It's- it's not-! It's not shutting down! It's not- AAAUUUGH!"

    The pure terror in his voice as he watches the resonance cascade take place feels so real. Harry S. Robins did a great job.

    "For god's sake, open the silo door! They're coming for us, it's our only way out! Oh my god, we're doomed!"

    Again, the way the terror feels so real is just stunning to me. No other va I've heard has ever portrayed pure fear before. Even with the distortions that come with being a 90s game, it still sounds so damned real!

    submitted by /u/Timewarps_1
    [link] [comments]

    What do you believe to be the most creepy thing in the Half-Life 2 universe, canon or not.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:11 PM PDT

    Gordon Freeman already has a personality. (theory)

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 01:49 AM PDT

    Despite Valve saying that Freeman doesn't have a 'canonical' personality and with the existence of both Freeman's Mind and HLVR but the AI is Self-Aware (which are the 2 ways the community is inserting their own-made personalities into Gordon), I -- however -- will attempt to use information given to us by the series to interpret what Gordon's 'canonical' personality is actually like (if it even exists at all).

    In HL1's prima guide, we are told that Freeman (in his childhood) had an affinity for science and was able to construct a butane-powered tennis ball cannon.

    We are then told that he became obsessed with physics which was why he went to the University of Innsbruck (which was where he met Dr. Isaac Kleiner). He then attended MIT for a Ph.D in Theoretical Physics. (btw, Theoretical Physicists are incredibly smart as they are required to develop theories and calculate stuff juxtaposed to Experimental Physicists who experiment based existing theories and then get the results and process them)

    Also, Gordon CAN talk. In fact, when he was recruited by Black mesa, he had talk on the phone to a Black Mesa recruiter. This is according to the letters of acceptance he received from the recruiter who called himself or herself by the abbreviation of "L.M.". You can actually find these and read these papers in the manual for HL1's PS2 port.

    In HL2, Alyx commented on his personality saying "Man of few words, aren't you?" This suggests that he is INTROVERTED but NOT SHY or MUTE.

    From all this piece of information, we can conclude that: Gordon is an introverted GENIUS.

    We are also told (by Eli in HL2) that Dr. Judith Mossman competed with Freeman to be recruited by Black Mesa. She wasn't accepted but Gordon was due to his experience at the Innsbruck University. In HL2, Dr. Breen also said that Freeman was skilled enough to be declared a contributor to the scientific progress.

    This info suggests that Freeman is a highly trained, skilled and competitive person.

    In HL2, Dr. Kleiner said that (paraphrasing) trouble follows Gordon. In HL1, Freeman also blew up a microwave casserole (which is canonized in EP2).

    This suggests that Freeman is a playful troublemaker who likes messing around to playfully get a reaction out of people.

    In EP1, Alyx tells the player that Gordon used to compete with Barney on unlocking Dr. Kleiner's door when he accidentally locked himself out.

    This suggests that Gordon had been working for Black Mesa for quite sometime and was a VERY FRIENDLY PERSON to people in his small circle of friends.

    In EP1, when Alyx made the Zombine joke, she seemed to be embarrassed and feeling awkward indicating that Freeman either didn't get the pun or flat out cringed so hard at it.

    For the first option to be true, Gordon needs to be a shy person. Yet the fact that he messed with microwave casseroles and managed to make friends with a guard contradicts this.

    Anyway, if this option is true then this means that Gordon is a painfully oblivious person.

    For the second option to be true, Gordon must be introverted but not shy. This makes sense since he was able to become best friends with a guard and even got to know other scientists in the facility like Eli.

    If this option is true then Freeman may be someone who HATES puns.

    (I'm sure you guys have noticed I've been posting quite frequently, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, I just like sharing theories and interpretations with this subreddit)

    submitted by /u/A_Random_Jedi
    [link] [comments]

    One Free Bullet Achievement Is Dog Shit

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:39 PM PDT

    So I just played all of Half Life 2 episode 1 with only firing one bullet from my pistol. I was in search of the One Free Bullet Achievment. It wasn't particularly hard but was time consuming. So I think you can understand the frustration of not actually being given the achievement. I swear I only used my gravity gun with some crowbar swings along with the grenades and rocket launcher if it was necessary. I followed all the rules closely and can't figure out what I did wrong. The only thing I can think of was using the stationary machine gun. If that disqualified me then that's just so shitty. Would love some feedback. I can't believe I had an easier time with the gnome achievement.

    submitted by /u/ChadDaBest
    [link] [comments]

    Ravenholm is being remade as a Half Life Alyx mod. It's not done yet but a good start. Here is a playthrough of what is released.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    Something's wrong...

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    Scientists in their free time

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Sending this thing to EA. Found it in HL: Generation.

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    My reaction to the ending of Half Life: Alyx (Face reaction)

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    Is Half Life 2 a scary game/have elements of a horror game?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    I'm a 13 year old who wants to play Half Life 2 because I've heard it is the best game on PC. So, I just saw in an article that it contains jumpscares which I absolutely hate. I'm okay with it to be intense but if it has jumpscares, then I'm afraid I won't play it because I get scared very easily. Please help me!

    submitted by /u/theunknown810
    [link] [comments]

    Just a normal Day in Half-Life 2

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    Can I run around the can cop at the start of HL2?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 10:24 PM PDT

    Can I throw the can at him, make him chase me thus leaving the doorway, then run around and just run through the gate with him behind me?

    submitted by /u/dl_supertroll
    [link] [comments]

    Where is dr breen and dr kleiner in hl alyx?

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    I always assumed alyx always knew kleiner since black mesa, as for breen i think he is in the citadel

    submitted by /u/cardbox_plus
    [link] [comments]

    Valve Games in HLA!

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    Silent Hills PT in Half Life: Alyx

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    Marathon order (In

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    So I've got my VR headset and my new laptop should arrive by the end of the week so to celebrate being able to play HL: Alyx soon I just accidentally replayed half of the first Half-Life in one sitting. I was wondering whether someone could tell me if it would be better from a story perspective to play Alyx in-between HL1 and HL2, or to play it after the end of Episode Two.

    While I haven't explicitly had the ending of Alyx spoiled I am aware that it messes with the timeline somewhat and I was wondering whether the story is framed as a flashback - e.g. looking at pre HL2 events post Episode Two, or if it picks up a new thread post HL1

    TBH part of me what's to save and savour the full marathon for HL3 one day, but I don't know how far off that may be yet. With this in mind would you recommending putting Alyx after HL1 or after EP2?

    submitted by /u/AXidenTAL
    [link] [comments]

    Messing around in half life 2

    Posted: 13 Jun 2020 01:46 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment