• Breaking News

    Friday, June 5, 2020

    Half-Life This is better than the original scene, prove me wrong.

    Half-Life This is better than the original scene, prove me wrong.


    This is better than the original scene, prove me wrong.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 05:58 PM PDT

    The ,,Gorgeous Freeman'' series are truly a classic.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    Galunga King

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:19 PM PDT

    I made a video on Bolloxed recently where I show all the crimes he committed. Please stop supporting him and share this with anyone you know that might know of Bolloxed. Thank you all in advance :)

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    Special Report from Black Mesa

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    I found a way to get infinite grenades in vanilla hl:a. I tried to see how many i could carry in one game.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    Whose hopes and dreams do you encompasss?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    Conscripts in city 17

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:34 PM PDT

    I was building an outdoor bench earlier. I accidentally made a lambda in the process.

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    Raiding a block near you!

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:13 PM PDT

    Did Otis survive Black Mesa?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    His character story is so sad, I would be devastated to find out he died, but I also kinda wish he died, I don't know why, and also Half-Life:Otis

    submitted by /u/balseat
    [link] [comments]

    UNIT DOWN UNIT DOWN

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:58 PM PDT

    Freeman's best friend!

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    Level Design Basics - HALF LIFE MAPPING TUTORIAL (GFYS)

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    I made Jeff from HL:A in Spore (not the best)

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    I posted this image 4 months ago. This text is from the reddit AMA the devs held. What exactly is the notable exception now that the game has been out for a while ago?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    Would You Work At Black Mesa

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    I Would. I Don't Know Why Though, I just think It would be fun.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Drift7790
    [link] [comments]

    Weird finding in Half Life : Residual Life?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    How I would write the rest of the series :)

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    My dream for the next Half-Life game is not Half-Life 3, but Half-Life: Episode 3. Why? Because Half-Life 1 ended with the current threat of aliens being eliminated (mostly), leading to a new one. Half-Life 2: Episode 3 should end with the combine being destroyed, and then having another alien force, but preferably, G Man as the final antagonist in the trilogy. I will be more than happy with whatever Valve decides because they are much better writers than I will ever be, but there's sort of an organized structure to the series, no? I'm not sure if I explained it well, so here is a shorter version:

    Half Life 2: Episode 3 - Gordan and Eli destroy the Combine and save Earth (with Alyx if they can also get her from the G Man before they destroy the Combine with the Aperture Borealis technology

    Half-Life 3 - G Man and his employers are revealed (or not? I like having him be mysterious, like a mystery box, in the same way LOST has those too) and are the new threat with Eli, Russel, Dr. Kleiner, Gordan, Barney and Alyx if they saved her yet, have to then save Alyx if they didn't and then defeat G Man. It would be cool to see left over Combine soldiers surviving off of little in the same way the fauna and flora of Xen are doing the same on Earth (I miss the Houndeyes...), with the contrast now being Combine are the side enemies like the Xen lifeforms. I think that Gordon dying in this one would work well in the same way that many people like Iron Man's death in Endgame (sorry if you are anti-Marvel, but just hang on for a moment, I'm not here to preach on how Marvel is fantastic or whatever) or how in Westworld Season 3 finale,Delores dies in a similar fashion after her main goal in life was accomplished(?). All of these deaths result after the character's main goal being accomplished, and I feel like humanizing Gordon with a flashback of his life pre-Black Mesa would ruin the mystery to who he really is in side that outer shell of a suit, so having him die after G Man is defeated would bring conclusion to their rivalry from the beginning game, and then everyone else can go back to rebuild Earth like in Wall-E... Just ideas ;)

    Half-Life ____ - If they do not infiltrate Aperture Laboratories in the mainline series, they should do something where Adrian Shepard has to infiltrate Aperture Laboratories, and I would honestly love this more than Half-Life 3 because Opposing Forces has "puzzle" elements (if one can call them that) of using the barnacle to move from one place to another, and if they expanded on this, they could have G Man try to use Adrian Shepard as a last attempt at getting some sort of technology to prevent Gordan and the Gang from defeating him. There could be robot enemies, giant grasshopper mutants (or something, Cave Johnson talked about that once), or literally anything. I feel like if there was a puzzle game and a shooting game hybrid using some sort of technology from Aperture and the Barnacle, this spin off could be actually amazing. Also, it would be awesome if this turned out to be during the time Wheatley was in power because then we could see how he ran his facility more, and then the ending is where Glados is brought back and after sending Chell off (WHERE DOES SHE GO??? (another mystery box?)) and the final boss is escaping the facility with Glados trying everything to stop you since it's important or something. maybe they want the portal gun technology to do something I don't know, or some sort of tech that the Combine don't know yet.

    What if they also meet Wheatley when they go in space or something? I know Wheatley and Glados and Chell in Half-Life wouldnt thematically work that well (since they are more comedic, while also being very dramatic) but I personally would love it.

    I know this isn't perfect but this is just how I would write the rest of the story if I could, but again, Valve is literally going to make the continuation of this series amazing. Please bring Adrian Shepard back, I don't want that to be the only loose tie left after the main series' characters have their stories concluded.

    Also I read some really interesting stuff about the Free-Man vs the Shepard, but what about good 'ol Barney? Jk lol

    submitted by /u/Bobowits
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else noticed D.O.G.'s head/face is made of parts from a City Scanner?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    It's slightly different from a City Scanner, but its easy to see. This contains an image from the ending of Half-Life: Alyx.

    https://preview.redd.it/t6xqamu445351.png?width=702&format=png&auto=webp&s=cf29ae38a03e0d73c78eeb1ddb59365fd03922c4

    submitted by /u/Depressed_Cheese67
    [link] [comments]

    Lets be honest, who would smash Alyx?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    ( ͡° ͜Ê– ͡°)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/xHexxur
    [link] [comments]

    [S1FM][OC] G-Man

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:10 AM PDT

    The Core Gets Delayed, Quantum Paradox Gameplay and More - All Things Lambda (Jun 4 2020)

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    Black Mesa/HL2/Ep1/Ep2 in vorpX... any questions/answers out there?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    I played a tiny bit of HL2 (also tried Portal 1/2 a while back along with The Stanley Parable) and I've been playing through Black Mesa with vorpX on my Oculus Quest via Link, but there are definitely some things to get used to while doing so.

    Black Mesa (for the most part) looks fantastic (HL2 looks pretty nice, too) on my setup, but there are a few little things that make it awkward. Direct VR/Memory Scan is a GODSEND and I can't imagine trying to tinker with all of the specific settings to get it to work otherwise, so that's a large hurdle already surpassed.

    Although it is 6DOF, too much head movement always results in more glitches than staying relatively still.

    Be aware that STRONG "VR LEGS" are helpful if you don't want to spew like a bullsquid. It's not the most uncomfortable free locomotion I've experienced, but it's still free locomotion.

    I'm sure Keyboard/Mouse is the best for this because I've been primarily playing with Touch mapped to emulate KB/M and any time you need to walk and crouch at the same time (entering certain vents or not making noise in Blast Pit) can be a nightmare as the default controls require you to already be walking before crouching if you want to do both simultaneously. Thankfully Black Mesa doesn't heavily rely on crouch-jumping like HL1 because I can't imagine attempting that!

    The beginning of the game went surprisingly smoothly (after acclimating to aiming with my head) as the crowbar and pistol (even the shotgun) don't move your "virtual head" around too much while using them, but upon obtaining the SMG/MP5 the shaking/recoil takes quite a bit of getting used to. Not to mention that, although there are crosshairs for the guns, they are usually nowhere close to where the bullets are going to go... especially if there are any obstacles in the near distance. The perceived depth of the weapon models can deceiving (at least with the default profile) compared to the depth of everything else in the game world so judging what you will hit at close range is a bit of a guessing game; trying to kill a barnacle after it grabs you is akin to stabbing in the dark.

    If there are any other quirks I find, I'll include them here. In the meantime I'm curious to hear from others who have tried BM (or anything HL2/Source) in vorpX or try to field questions from those who are intrigued by the (nova) prospect of trying it out for themselves!

    submitted by /u/larrythefatcat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment