• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    Half-Life Alyx and her Doggo | GMod Art

    Half-Life Alyx and her Doggo | GMod Art


    Alyx and her Doggo | GMod Art

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    I just started practicing accelerated bhopping yesterday and this is the cleanest one I've done so far!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Combine redesign inspired by Jano97

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    I there's too much detail in HL:A

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    I grabbed a bottle of dish soap in the game and gave my Index controller a squeeze to find that it made the sound that squeezing a half empty bottle of soap would make. I applauded you Valve. This game continues to amaze me nearly a year after its release.

    submitted by /u/EternalPain791
    [link] [comments]

    I am making physical boxarts of game i previously owned only as digital. This is my HL2 cover

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 05:55 AM PDT

    Made a silly little video of post-Cascade Earth. Featuring an American City!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    Logos

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    The Wonder Mod is way worse than you can possibly imagine.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:13 AM PDT

    The vault 8 bit

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    half life posters i made in gmod

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    Crisis training at Marine Corps Air Station: Yuma.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    Cultured waifu

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:32 PM PDT

    Rumors on the future Half-Life Games

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    Gabe Newell did a huge interview and VNN covered it

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:33 PM PDT

    Just got into VR and am in Chapter 3 of Alyx and I just wanted to talk to somebody about it.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Even with a CPU that technically doesn't meet the requirements and a video card that only barely does, this is the craziest gaming-related experience I have ever had. I sweat. I get tense. I took a four day break because I was scared to continue through the dark. I wish I had more room to move and a 2070 Super but it's still so good with a 1660 ti and a crappy (at least comparatively) Ryzen 5 2400G. The nostalgia of seeing all these sights in high fidelity, and the awe at seeing a tripod stomp by... /chef's kiss

    But there's not really many experiences out there for VR that match this, are there? Other than Alyx I've pretty much only played Dirt Rally 2.0 and SW Squadrons, just sit-down stuff. Downloading Elite: Dangerous, too.

    Anyway, not sure how much of a point I had with this post. I just wanted to nerd out. Maybe tell me your thoughts when you started Alyx the first time?

    submitted by /u/onrocketfalls
    [link] [comments]

    RIP Resistance Members

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    I had started but never finished HL2, so over the last day or two Ive decided I want to play through the whole game and finally beat it. Im currently at the "Follow Freeman!" chapter, and I can't help but feel bad for the countless number of people that have died shortly after they started following me. It's like, they've been struggling through this resistance movement for God knows how long, then their hero Freeman finally arrives, and they die immediately after they follow his lead. I just couldn't help but feel bad for them, as silly as it sounds.

    Tl;dr Has anyone else ever felt bad for the NPC's that die under your leadership in the following missions in HL2?

    submitted by /u/WillfulBiscuit
    [link] [comments]

    HL2 LC 'But' with 10000 Gravity

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    Half Life 2 HD Enhancement Project Help Needed

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    Hello, My Name is Munancho INC. I created a small mod for Half-Life 2 called the:

    "HD Enhancement Project"

    https://gamebanana.com/textures/5873

    for Half-Life 2. My goal with the mod was to improve the environmental textures of Half-Life 2. One of my goals of the mod was to track down some of the texture assets used in vanilla Half-Life 2 implement it to the mod in Higher Resolutions. However, I encountered a roadblock. My College Life. My life is currently filled with an overwhelming amount of requirements right now and thus I need you guys to help me. I need anyone who is experienced with the Source Engine textures and coding. I need anyone to find the origins of Valve's Textures. This mod was merely a hobby but I'm passionate about making progress on it as much as possible but college life keeps getting in the way. If anyone is willing to improve on or contribute to this project please try to contact me.

    Main Goals of the Mod

    1.Improve the Textures
    2. Keep it Lore Friendly as much as possible
    3. Assets can come from any of Half-Life Related games and titles.
    4. Custom Textures can also be included as long as it doesn't ruin the overall art style.
    5. Find origins of the Textures in Vanilla HL2

    Please upvote this post, send this to r/gaming if possible. thank you.

    submitted by /u/johnyonghwang1
    [link] [comments]

    Target Vance is Shadow. (confused ordinal noises)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    I finished all of the Half-Life games (1 to EP2, not including expansion packs) in hard difficulty. Here is a quick overview of how it all felt like.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    Half-Life 1

    HL1 is easy at first if you are able to finish the game in normal difficulty. I even questioned myself if I was playing on normal difficulty sometimes, but towards the end, when the alien grunts are introduced, things go from easy to extremely challenging. The alien grunts and their homing hornets force the player to be on their toes, and they are also tough as hell. Other than that, HL1's hard mode is not that difficult if you can manage your health and make every shot count.

    Half-Life 2

    HL2 is more challenging when it comes to weapon use compared to HL1. HL2 has extremely weak firearms. The pistol is basically an instant downgrade to the HL1 one, being less accurate and weaker, the SMG does basically nothing, you might as well use a nerf super soaker to damage enemies instead. The AR actually does something if don't spray and pray with it. Interestingly, it takes 1 hit from the crowbar to kill an headcrab in HL2 while it takes 3 hits from the crowbar in HL1.

    The enemies however, are not as powerful as HL1 enemies. This way, HL2 isn't that hard compared to HL1.

    Half-Life 2: Episode 1

    HL2EP1 is harder than HL2, as it adds a new enemy type, the zombine. These types of zombies make you constantly try to move away from them, which makes it harder to shoot them. Other than that, HL2EP1 is as difficult as HL2.

    Half-Life 2: Episode 2

    HL2EP2 is probably the hardest game in the entire franchise, as it adds the Hunter, an extremely powerful enemy that can shoot flechettes that explode. This combined with the fact that HL2 has weaker weapons compared to HL1, probably makes this the hardest of all games.

    submitted by /u/csentomb
    [link] [comments]

    Missing Information - Half-Life 2 Beta Mod - summary_02

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Creepy sound files found in the Half-Life 2 Beta (look at the video description)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Think Tank Mod Love the maplabs mods

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment