• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 28, 2019

    Half-Life Barnacle lamp design

    Half-Life Barnacle lamp design


    Barnacle lamp design

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 04:54 AM PST

    My mum got me this for Christmas

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:57 PM PST

    ping pong

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 04:58 AM PST

    POV shot of the crowbar I replica-fied a while back. All that's missing is the HUD.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 04:00 PM PST

    Found this at an airport

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:15 PM PST

    I made this

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:46 PM PST

    Got a Half Life tattoo yesterday!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:58 PM PST

    Bought it for 49 cents

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 02:29 AM PST

    Just finished Black Mesa. It's been awhile since I've felt so incredibly immersed in a video game.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:40 AM PST

    Just finished Black Mesa from beginning to end. My hands are still shaking as I write this.

    It's been awhile since I've felt so incredibly immersed in a video game. The more you play it, the more you start to realize why it has taken this long to develop.. The attention to detail is just staggering. And by the time you jump through the portal in Lambda Core and witness Xen for the first time, that sensation has taken you over completely. I was so pumped that when I reached Nihilanth, I was literally dodging the Jeeps and other shit IRL that the ugly floating baby was throwing at me.

    A big part of this is thanks to the soundtrack. I mean I've heard some solid game soundtracks before, but HOLY SHIT, this is something different. Remember that song that perfectly encapsulated the destruction and lost hope during Unforeseen Consequences? Or that intense tune during the lobby battle in Questionable Ethics? That funky ass song with that catchy CLANG-CLANG during the Surface Tension dam battle?

    Xen is on another level what comes to audio and visuals. As I was running away from Gonarch and the deep synths dropped on my ass, my Garmin thought I was doing cardio and shivers shot down my spine, which didn't stop until I blasted the last homing rocket to the depths of that nasty, baby-headcrab-dripping monster ass and Gonarch exploded into smithereens. During that time, I was tearing up and my heart rate was around 140.

    Crowbar Collective, if you are reading this: THANK YOU. This is not just a masterful tribute to one of the greatest games of all time, it's a full-blown game experience that's worth easily twice its current price.

    submitted by /u/aschol
    [link] [comments]

    Sometimes I wonder how Gordon feels about this whole ordeal.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:01 AM PST

    Crowbar needs a game

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 02:49 PM PST

    We need a game dedicated to the POV of the crowbar

    submitted by /u/sourpickles0
    [link] [comments]

    Industrial Zone, Sector 17

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:02 AM PST

    Valve Office 14th floor, 2019, DECEMBER.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:34 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/zzPioGj.jpg

    Hello, so I've never used Reddit in my life (yeah, I know, that's weird), but here's what I've been working on.

    For the past few days I was really into Half-Life: Alyx and Valve overall. I watched the trailer million times and so the Geoff interview as long with Tested gameplay footage. So, I've decided to map out the 14th Valve floor from these sources.

    I am really huge Valve and Half-Life fan overall.

    I hope this isn't confusing.

    Thanks, I hope you appreciate my investigation skills! ;)

    *This was on Tyler Mcvicker stream too*

    Sources:

    https://www.archdaily.com/924840/valve-headquarters-clive-wilkinson-architects-plus-jpc-architects

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4VEXWI_8T0

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9K0eJEmMEw

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T54aGkkXfuc

    submitted by /u/Puffqa
    [link] [comments]

    Gordon takes a trip.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:28 PM PST

    /r/halflife hit 90k subscribers yesterday

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:27 PM PST

    I am playing through Black Mesa and I noticed something kind of strange.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:26 PM PST

    Once you hit the chapter "Questionable Ethics", it becomes apparent that the aliens have been on earth for a while and have been scientifically studied long before the resonance cascade ever happened. When and how did we get our hands on some of the aliens to study?

    submitted by /u/TK503
    [link] [comments]

    Black Mesa is amazing

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 06:58 PM PST

    Just finished Black Mesa...and somehow that journey felt like, what I imagined Half Life 3 would be... amazing experience especially XEN level and boss fight..., now I need to find some game or games that will fill the void after completing Black Mesa, before Half Life:Alyx comes out. Thought for some reason I have a bad feeling for a "prequel" since it is VR exclusive...will see.

    Thank you Black Mesa dev team...you helped me to remember why I love Half Life series!

    Thank you! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/PC4evver
    [link] [comments]

    Don't move, don't breathe, just pray

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:26 AM PST

    In 1998 I played Half-Life at 640 x 480. In 2019 I played Half-Life at 7680 x 1440

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:16 AM PST

    I just finished my Half-Life series retrospective talking about Episode Two, where I also discuss Episode Three's development, Half-Life: Alyx, and the future of the series.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 11:04 AM PST

    Easter egg in Black Mesa's Xen

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:50 AM PST

    Help with Opposing Forces

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:41 PM PST

    Hey everyone! I'm very new to the half-life series, and just downloaded OF, and noticed the shortcut is insanely low quality, I'm really picky with that and was wondering if anyone had a higher quality icon for it? Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/nonameever
    [link] [comments]

    Any suggestions?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:34 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment