• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 17, 2019

    Half-Life I'm playing through Black Mesa and found this *tight* detail

    Half-Life I'm playing through Black Mesa and found this *tight* detail


    I'm playing through Black Mesa and found this *tight* detail

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:34 PM PST

    I played with fire

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:58 AM PST

    Was looking through a old gamer Guinness world record book and I saw top 50 game endings, what a downer!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 05:19 PM PST

    Why are you so serious, Mr Freeman?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 12:07 PM PST

    My work tree includes an interesting specimen...

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:55 AM PST

    I Made a Half Life 1 Inspired Cover For Entropy Zero

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 06:02 PM PST

    Valve originally shipped Episode 2 with some data collection tools that could track things like how many people played with HDR and where people died - here’s an archived version of the page hosting their findings.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 04:59 PM PST

    City 17 #2, silver gelatine print, looks like street photography

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:32 PM PST

    Ive never played half life so this is my first playthrough

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:12 AM PST

    Why launch a gnome when you can launch a strider brain?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:57 AM PST

    I'm working on a Half-Life sound pack for Minecraft. So far I've done pretty much everything Pillager related, here's a little demonstration video.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 08:30 PM PST

    I drew a Christmassy Advisor in arts class today

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:48 AM PST

    Anti Citizen One [oc]

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:37 PM PST

    My instructor in University gave it to me, I don't know whether it is really valuable?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 01:45 AM PST

    Weapon modifications in MMOD (HL2)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:33 PM PST

    Hi everyone, is there any way I could find out certain characteristics of how the weapons were tweaked in MMOD? For example, the deploy speeds of each weapon. I've found out that the AR2 is the fastest, while the emplacement gun is the slowest. Additionally, the magnum no longer one-hit headshots elites. Is that just me or did the mod actually increase their health?

    submitted by /u/Scaryfood
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else hyped for the upcoming hl:alyx soundtrack?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 12:05 PM PST

    All the previous valve games have had amazing soundtracks, i expect hl: alyx to be no exception

    and considering i could never afford any form of VR i'm more hyped for the new soundtrack that will accompany the game

    anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/davidiogame
    [link] [comments]

    Yesterday I finally got my Index Controllers. Now I'm HL: Alyx ready!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 05:16 AM PST

    stfu im listening to triage at dawn

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 04:58 AM PST

    Why do people say Half-Life revolutionised cinematic storytelling?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 09:28 PM PST

    First of all, let me make it clear that this is not a form of hate post or a complaint. I really like Half-Life, it's one of the best games I've ever played. I'm not saying what I'm about to say because I think it makes the game bad, I'm asking about it becuase I just genuinely don't get it, because of curiosity.

    A lot of people like to say Half-Life revolutionised FPS games in one way or another. One of the most prominent examples I see of this is cinematic storytelling but... This really confuses me. From what I remember, Half-Life barely had any storytelling. For much of the game, the order was: Fight a bunch of enemies for a while then meet one person who briefly tells you something about the story- Which isn't actually mandatory to listen to and can be skipped with no repercussions.

    Another thing is, a lot of the things we know about Half-Life's story don't actually come from the game itself. For example, we know that the Vortigaunts were a slave race under the Nihilanth, that the lifeforms on Xen weren't natives but forced into exile there by the Combine, that the Nihilanth was the last of its species and was the barrier between the Combine and Earth, that the antlions wiped out all of Earth's native fauna, etc. The things I just listed are very basic plot points that every devout fan knows. But we only know about them because of fans asking about them in emails to Marc Laidlaw. We only know so much about the story because Marc Laidlaw told us about it. Much of it was either never mentioned in the game, or barely mentioned at all.

    So how come people say Half-Life's storytelling was revolutionary and cinematic? The game is very fun and all but I don't find anything cinematic about hearing one sentence partially explaining the story every 30 minutes, or a huge portion of the story not being accessible in the actual game. Can somebody clear this up for me?

    submitted by /u/aroldoCP
    [link] [comments]

    What order do I play the games?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 12:51 PM PST

    I'm getting a Valve Index soon, but I haven't played the original HL games yet. Should I go in release order, or is there some chronological order I should follow, or skip any?

    submitted by /u/_TheDoctorPotter
    [link] [comments]

    HEV suit and my thoughts

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 07:24 PM PST

    Whenever I hear information about HEV suit or schematics or functiosns I get slightly arroused but that's off topic what my goal in life is to try to develop it or try to find some sort of paradox or like reality break or since these kind of do with the combine did and just slip in and find something find any sort of data even if it's just like a repair manual that would be enough and If you got schematics that be enough to build even if not all the materials are existent you could still build components which would function you just need to find out how to make chemicals which basically do the same thing as the suit does

    PS p.m. me if you find any information or know anything about what might be a part of the suit

    submitted by /u/Thaugos
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment