• Breaking News

    Monday, November 9, 2020

    Half-Life [fanart] Half Life: The Animated Series

    Half-Life [fanart] Half Life: The Animated Series


    [fanart] Half Life: The Animated Series

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:56 PM PST

    Average colour of successive frames from Valve games and more

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 03:28 AM PST

    Alyx and some crabbos. Hope you'll like it! (Gmod + PS)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:45 PM PST

    Some goofy shit at Black Mesa 1.5 Beta

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:43 PM PST

    I just can't stop thinking about this whenever I play Water Hazard chapter.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:44 PM PST

    Gf made another plushie, to keep Gordon company

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 11:46 AM PST

    Just saw the new Crash Bandicoot and...

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:46 AM PST

    Super Smash Bros Valve Roster

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:45 PM PST

    The Drill Instructor from Opposing Force has unused accessories and animations not seen in the retail game.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 12:30 AM PST

    What kind of graphics do you prefer?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:48 PM PST

    I'm gonna go with the unpopular opinion and say I like the HD graphics better. I haven't played the entire game without the HD models (I learned recently how to change it), but man do the characters look better. The security guard looks like it's already dead in the non-HD version, but the HD one makes him look like a normal human. They also look more polished in general. I know about the guns, but it really doesn't make so much of a difference to me. Maybe it would be better if they didn't change, but... does it deserve all the hate because of just two weapons? I know it's two of the main weapons you use for the entire game, but just look at all the other stuff besides just an M9 and an AR. For me it does justice to the original graphics, they don't just remade everything with no effort like Source (Never played it, but people say it's just Half-Life with Source, so...). Plus, it's the closest thing to HL2 graphics we have after Source. Unless there's some reverse HL2 classic out there. Please let me know if there is. It's just my opinion, so please don't downvote me into oblivion.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/BatimadosAnos60
    [link] [comments]

    Headcrub pet

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 10:10 AM PST

    Star Trek S04E03, my favorite Black Mesa easter egg.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:03 PM PST

    Aurelio Baldor as Gman

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 09:03 AM PST

    I'm here with a shy Gordon

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 10:44 AM PST

    One of the best moments in the entire franchise, change my mind. (I didn't play HLA)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 07:54 AM PST

    Some old drawings I found from middle school

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 05:59 PM PST

    Missing Information - VanceHQ_demo

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 06:47 PM PST

    i just remembered a image of gordon in a fursuit and idk if it was a fever dream or not

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:53 PM PST

    life is pain

    submitted by /u/arceusgoesxdinacar
    [link] [comments]

    Important question

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 02:04 PM PST

    I want to know straight up, if half life 2 is an enjoyable singleplayer game in 2020. Yes or no, cause I want to play it but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SpyderSmuc
    [link] [comments]

    Made some fan art

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:46 PM PST

    Greetings to all, have a question regarding this series.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 10:37 PM PST

    The only Valve game I have ever played is TF2, however I have recently began to watch lore videos surrounding half life. Should I purchase the game, and does it have that factor that lets you get away from the story for a moment and mess about? Any help is appreciated, and thank you!

    submitted by /u/TheMasterRevan
    [link] [comments]

    found these coments in the half life 2 source code. interesting insight into game developement

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 01:39 AM PST

     `//=====================================================================` `// STRIDER MINIGUN DAMAGE - Pull up a chair and I'll tell you a tale.` `//` `// When we shipped Half-Life 2 in 2004, we were unaware of a bug in` `// CAmmoDef::NPCDamage() which was returning the MaxCarry field of` `// an ammotype as the amount of damage that should be done to a NPC` `// by that type of ammo. Thankfully, the bug only affected Ammo Types` `// that DO NOT use ConVars to specify their parameters. As you can see,` `// all of the important ammotypes use ConVars, so the effect of the bug` `// was limited. The Strider Minigun was affected, though.` `//` `// According to my perforce Archeology, we intended to ship the Strider` `// Minigun ammo type to do 15 points of damage per shot, and we did.` `// To achieve this we, unaware of the bug, set the Strider Minigun ammo` `// type to have a maxcarry of 15, since our observation was that the` `// number that was there before (8) was indeed the amount of damage being` `// done to NPC's at the time. So we changed the field that was incorrectly` `// being used as the NPC Damage field.` `//` `// The bug was fixed during Episode 1's development. The result of the` `// bug fix was that the Strider was reduced to doing 5 points of damage` `// to NPC's, since 5 is the value that was being assigned as NPC damage` `// even though the code was returning 15 up to that point.` `//` `// Now as we go to ship Orange Box, we discover that the Striders in` `// Half-Life 2 are hugely ineffective against citizens, causing big` `// problems in maps 12 and 13.` `//` `// In order to restore balance to HL2 without upsetting the delicate` `// balance of ep2_outland_12, I have chosen to build Episodic binaries` `// with 5 as the Strider->NPC damage, since that's the value that has` `// been in place for all of Episode 2's development. Half-Life 2 will` `// build with 15 as the Strider->NPC damage, which is how HL2 shipped` `// originally, only this time the 15 is located in the correct field` `// now that the AmmoDef code is behaving correctly.` `//` `//=====================================================================` 
    submitted by /u/GreenNades
    [link] [comments]

    Hl2 on PS3 is pretty fun!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2020 04:07 PM PST

    So far, Hl2 on PS3 is really fun. I've noticed that the graphics in the PS3 version looks a tiny bit more "polished" than the PC version, and maybe different sound effects. I can't get over the fact that I'm playing Hl2 on a Playstation it just breaks my brain.

    My only issue so far is I have to use a controller...I SUCK at playing fps games with a controller, I'm so used to using a keyboard and mouse.

    submitted by /u/MrProtogen1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment